- 9 min ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 26 min ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- 1 hr ago Nissan Magnite Vs Renault Kiger Sales Comparison For April 2021: Car Sales Report
- 1 hr ago TVS Motor Company COVID-19 Relief: Contributes Over Rs 40 Crore & 2,000 Oxygen Concentrators
- Finance Silver Outruns Gold In Returns In The Week To May 7, 2021: Can The Trend Continue?
- Sports Indian team to leave for UK on June 2, players will have families for company on marathon tour
- News MK Stalin seeks 500 MT oxygen allocation from Centre for Tamil Nadu
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin Retains 2nd Spot; Saath Nibhaana Saathiya 2 Returns To Top 5
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The BYD e6 electric MPV has been spotted testing in India. The e6 is an all-electric MPV manufactured by Chinese company BYD. It has been spotted while being tested in Chennai and is the second generation model.
The Chinese brand plans to launch several electric vehicles in the Indian market and it seems like the e6 is one of them. It will most likely be launched as a CBU unit. Being CBU, BYD doesn't need to homologate if they plan to import less than 2500 units this year.
From the front, BYD e6 looks like a conventional MPV with a pleasant-looking front fascia. The large wrap-around headlamps and perforated front grille look quite contemporary, while the rear-view mirrors hinged from the door make the e6 look more premium.
Despite the MPV silhouette, the e6 looks quite muscular and brawny with strong shoulder lines and wheel arches. The rear is also nicely designed with a thin chrome strip that connects the two tail lamps.
Like most electric cars, It has a premium interior. The dashboard is dominated by a large 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system. Unlike other touchscreen infotainment systems, one can physically change the orientation of the screen by rotating it 90-degrees.
The BYD e6 is packed with all the convenience and safety features one would expect, like electrically adjustable front seats, an electronic parking brake, 4-airbags, ABS, traction control, hill-start assist, tyre pressure monitoring system, rear parking sensors, etc.
The e6 is powered by a 41kWh battery pack, supplying most of its juice to a single 136hp electric motor driving the front wheels. The EV is said to be capable of travelling up to 522kms on a single charge.
We expect the BYD e6 to be launched with a price tag of Rs 20-25 lakhs and it will be one of three electric vehicles planned by the manufacturer for the Indian market.
Thoughts On BYD e6 Being Spotted While Testing In Chennai
With aggressive pricing and a strong product portfolio, BYD can make a significant impact on the Indian market despite the various challenges faced by EVs in the country. BYD is all set to debut in India and we can't wait to see what the brand has in store for the Indian market.
Image Source: Team-BHP