- 6 min ago Mahindra XUV700 Spied Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 1 hr ago Honda H’Ness CB350 Prices Hiked Again In India: New Variant-Wise Price List
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace Facelift Teaser Image Revealed
- 14 hrs ago Top-Selling Cars In India In April 2021: Maruti Suzuki WagonR Takes Top Slot, Followed By Swift & Alto
- Finance This App-Based Start Up In Tie Up With IOC Begins Doorstep Diesel Delivery
- Technology Redmi Note 10S Indian Variant Listed At Google Play Console, Amazon; What To Expect?
- Movies Kangana Ranaut On Testing Positive For COVID-19: I Had No Idea That This Virus Is Having Party In My Body
- News Is Covid Vaccination allowed during a full lockdown?
- Sports IPL 2021: KKR's Tim Seifert to stay back after testing COVID-19 positive
- Education CBSE 'Dost for Life' App Launched For Well-being Of Students
- Lifestyle Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Surprising Benefits Of Gold For Your Health And Beauty
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The BYD e6 electric MPV has been spotted testing in India. The e6 is an all-electric MPV manufactured by Chinese company BYD. It has been spotted while being tested in Chennai and is the second generation model.
The Chinese brand plans to launch several electric vehicles in the Indian market and it seems like the e6 is one of them. It will most likely be launched as a CBU unit. Being CBU, BYD doesn't need to homologate if they plan to import less than 2500 units this year.
From the front, BYD e6 looks like a conventional MPV with a pleasant-looking front fascia. The large wrap-around headlamps and perforated front grille look quite contemporary, while the rear-view mirrors hinged from the door make the e6 look more premium.
Despite the MPV silhouette, the e6 looks quite muscular and brawny with strong shoulder lines and wheel arches. The rear is also nicely designed with a thin chrome strip that connects the two tail lamps.
Like most electric cars, It has a premium interior. The dashboard is dominated by a large 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system. Unlike other touchscreen infotainment systems, one can physically change the orientation of the screen by rotating it 90-degrees.
The BYD e6 is packed with all the convenience and safety features one would expect, like electrically adjustable front seats, an electronic parking brake, 4-airbags, ABS, traction control, hill-start assist, tyre pressure monitoring system, rear parking sensors, etc.
The e6 is powered by a 41kWh battery pack, supplying most of its juice to a single 136hp electric motor driving the front wheels. The EV is said to be capable of travelling up to 522kms on a single charge.
We expect the BYD e6 to be launched with a price tag of Rs 20-25 lakhs and it will be one of three electric vehicles planned by the manufacturer for the Indian market.
Thoughts On BYD e6 Being Spotted While Testing In Chennai
With aggressive pricing and a strong product portfolio, BYD can make a significant impact on the Indian market despite the various challenges faced by EVs in the country. BYD is all set to debut in India and we can't wait to see what the brand has in store for the Indian market.
Image Source: Team-BHP