- 14 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 18 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 19 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- News Alisha Patel, first trans woman to be recognized by Gujarat govt, gets transgender identity card
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 July 24 Highlights: Arjun Bijlani, Shweta Tiwari, Sourabh Raj Win Lockets!
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Defending champion Andy Murray withdraws from singles with quad issue
- Lifestyle Happy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
BMW India will be launching the super-limited version of its flagship SUV, the X7 Dark Shadow in the country. The BMW X7 Dark Shadow edition was globally unveiled last year. At the time, the company announced that the production of the X7 Dark Shadow will be limited to just 500 units for the entire world.
The company announced the arrival of the X7 Dark Shadow to the Indian market via BMW India's Twitter handle. The limited-edition for SUV is being produced at the BMW's plant in Spartanburg USA from August 2020.
As a result, we expect the X7 Dark Shadow to arrive on the Indian shores as (CBU) Completely Built-Up units. This could result in higher import taxes, which can likely take the price of the limited-edition SUV above 1.5 crores, ex-showroom.
The limited-edition model features a host of cosmetic changes, while mechanicals remains unchanged from the standard model. The highlight of the X7 Dark Shadow Edition will be the Frozen Arctic Grey metallic paint scheme from BMW Individual, which is the brand's high-level personalisation program.
Along with the new paint scheme, the covers of the B and C pillars feature the High Gloss Shadow Line finish. Additionally, other trims such as the brand's signature kidney grille, the air breathers and the tailpipe covers of the exhaust system are finished in black chrome.
Other exterior changes include a gloss black roof rail and a protection glazing sunroof. The Dark edition comes with the aerodynamically optimised bodywork elements of the M sports package. This includes different bumpers, air dam, side skirts and 22-inch M light-alloy wheels in V-spoke design with a Jet Black matt finish shod with performance tyres. It also comes with the M sports exhaust system.
The X7 Dark Shadow Edition is available in either six-seat or seven-seat configurations. Inside, the trims continue to feature bits borrowed from the M Sport package. This includes an M-spec leather-wrapped steering wheel and a two-tone Merino full leather upholstery.
Interiors of the X7 Dark Shadow is finished in Night Blue and Black with contrasting seams. While the roof liner is finished in Night Blue and Alcantara, all of which are part of the BMW Individual package.
Additionally, BMW Individual interior trim finishers in Fineline Black with aluminium inlays and other trims including the centre console is finished in Piano Black bearing the special edition logo.
The rest of the features on the limited-edition model will be carried over from the standard model of the X7. This includes a premium audio system from Bower & Wilkins, multiple climate control, large touchscreen display and fully-digital instrument console and the list goes on.
At the time of unveiling, the company said the Dark Shadow could be equipped with any engine and transmission option offered in the standard model of the X7 SUV. However, examples arriving at the Indian shores will most likely be powered by the top-spec M50i variant.
It is powered by the 4.4-litre, twin-turbo V8 petrol engine. It produces a maximum of 528bhp and a peak torque of 750Nm. The engine comes mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox with power sent to all four wheels. The X7 can accelerate from 0 to 100kmph in just 4.7 seconds and continue to hit an electronically limited top speed of 250kmph.
Thoughts About The BMW X7 Dark Shadow Edition Launching In India Soon
The BMW X7 Dark Shadow will be brought to Indian shores in super limited numbers. The already luxurious and features rich X7 SUV gets bespoke materials and finish adding a touch of exclusivity to the Dark Shadow edition inside and out. However, all this could translate to a hefty price tag over the standard model as well.