- 9 min ago Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
- 23 hrs ago Spy Pics: Undisguised Yezdi Roadking Adventure Spotted Testing
- 1 day ago BMW Concept XM SUV Unveiled — Previews Most Powerful M Division Vehicle
- News President Ram Nath Kovind gives assent to Bill scrapping three farm laws
- Sports We are getting best possible preparation for World Cup: Mithali
- Movies Imlie SPOILER: Piya Valecha Roped In To Spice Up The Show!
- Technology Realme C11 2021 Gets Price Hike For Second Time; Still Worth Buying?
- Lifestyle 7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- Education MAT PBT Admit Card 2021 Released By AIMA At mat.aima.in, Here’s How To Download
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
BMW is gearing up to launch three new electric vehicles in India. According to BMW, the German company will launch three new electric vehicles in the country within the next six months.
Initially, the Munich based automobile company will launch the all-electric BMW iX SUV in India. This all-electric SUV is the flagship car for BMW in terms of technology, and BMW is planning to bring this electric SUV into the country by the end of this year.
This decision from the German automobile giant will give an added boost to the premium electric vehicle segment in the country.
By launching the BMW iX SUV ahead of the other two electric vehicles, BMW is planning to showcase its strength and capability in electric vehicles to Indian consumers. This will give the Indian consumers a much-needed confidence boost in electric vehicles from the German automaker.
Post the launch of the BMW iX SUV in India, the German automobile company will launch the Mini Electric hatchback in the country. According to BMW, the Mini Electric hatchback will come to India before the end of January.
Finally, the third all-electric vehicle from BMW is the i4 sedan. BMW is planning to launch this electric sedan within the next six months in India.
Speaking to the PTI, Mr Vikram Pawah, President and CEO of BMW Group India said, "We've already done that and that is giving us a lot of results because our growth is very solid in the first ten months. We are taking the product offensive to the next level and this whole offensive is aimed at pure electric mobility,"
"In 30 days time we will launch the BMW iX, which is a fully-electric SUV. In 90 days time we will launch the MINI electric and in 180 days time we will launch our first sedan electric, which is the i4." he added.
Coming back to upcoming BMW electric vehicles, the all-electric BMW iX SUV is capable of launching itself from a standstill to 100 kph in just 6.1 seconds and enabling this performance is a set of electric motors placed in each axle of the all-electric SUV.
BMW will also provide an 11 kW AC charger to its BMW iX customers for a hassle-free charging experience at home. This will enable the BMW iX SUV to charge itself from 0 to 100 per cent oin just 7 hours.
Apart from that, all the BMW dealerships will be equipped with 50 kilowatt DC chargers for quick charging and these chargers will be accessible to customers.
"We also tying up with all these energy companies and charging infrastructure providers, we are tying up with them to provide access to our customers," Said Mr Pawah.
Thoughts About The BMW's Decision To Launch Three EVs In India
By launching three EVs in India within the next six months, BMW is clearly planning to lead the charge in the premium EV segment in India. Apart from that, we expect the BMW iX to revolutionise the way the ultra-rich travel in India.