- 13 min ago Maruti Suzuki Railway Transportation Milestone Mark Achieved: Ships Over 7.2 Lakh Vehicles
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Could Be Rebadged & Sold As The Toyota Belta: Here Are All The Details!
- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar NS 125 Launched In India At Rs 93,690: The Naked-Street Enters The 125cc Segment
- 3 hrs ago Triumph Will Offer A Number Of Accessories For The Trident 660: Here Are All The Details!
- Sports IPL 2021: DC vs MI Match 13: Toss report and playing 11 update - Mumbai opt to bat first
- Movies Renuka Shahane And Her Kids Test Positive For COVID-19 Soon After Her Husband Ashutosh Rana
- Technology Realme X7 Pro Extreme Might Debut As Realme X7 Max In India; Expected Price, Specs
- News PM Modi meets vaccine manufacturers
- Education Covid-19 Impact On Exams 2021: Check The Full List Of Exams Postponed/Cancelled In India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In April
- Finance EPFO Net Subscribers Increased to 69.58 lakh Despite COVID-19 Pandemic
- Lifestyle 8 Beauty Lessons You Need To Take From Bhumi Pednekar’s Instagram Feed
BMW has sold around 6,604 units of BMW and MINI cars in 2020 in the Indian market. The company has registered sales of 6,092 units of BMWs and MINI India of 512 units. On the other hand, BMW Motorrad also sold 2,563 motorcycles in the same year.
Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said, "BMW Group India has demonstrated resilience and determination in a tough environment full of new challenges. The strength of our brands, well-structured operations along with the dedication of our employees and dealer partners drove the business to adapt quickly and perform. With improving macroeconomic indicators and consumer confidence, BMW Group India picked up momentum with remarkable efficiency and vigour. We registered strong results at the end of a very difficult year and propelled our segment share significantly in the Indian luxury car market. We are looking towards 2021 with renewed confidence and optimism."
More than 50 per cent of the sales happened for the locally produced Sports Activity Vehicle range including the BMW X1, the BMW X3 and the BMW X5. The newly launched BMW X7 experienced astounding demand in all regions. The BMW 3 Series and the BMW 5 Series continued their traditional role as strong contributors in the sedan segment.
On the other hand, the locally produced MINI Countryman commanded a share of over 40 per cent in sales. The iconic MINI Hatch and the popular MINI Convertible contributed to over 23 per cent sales each.
Now coming to the two-wheeler side, BMW Motorrad India saw the increase in sales by the launch of the new BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS. Together, the two motorcycles commanded a share of over 80 per cent in the yearly sales. The BMW R 1250 GS & GSA, BMW F 750 & 850 GS and the BMW S 1000 RR also had a healthy contribution in the sales.
Thoughts About BMW Sales In The Year 2020
The year 2020 saw one of the biggest global pandemic, the COVID-19. Despite everything being shut and under lockdown, it is really commendable to see a luxury brand like BMW to sell 6,604 units of their vehicle.