- 12 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 14 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 15 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
BMW has sold around 6,604 units of BMW and MINI cars in 2020 in the Indian market. The company has registered sales of 6,092 units of BMWs and MINI India of 512 units. On the other hand, BMW Motorrad also sold 2,563 motorcycles in the same year.
Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said, "BMW Group India has demonstrated resilience and determination in a tough environment full of new challenges. The strength of our brands, well-structured operations along with the dedication of our employees and dealer partners drove the business to adapt quickly and perform. With improving macroeconomic indicators and consumer confidence, BMW Group India picked up momentum with remarkable efficiency and vigour. We registered strong results at the end of a very difficult year and propelled our segment share significantly in the Indian luxury car market. We are looking towards 2021 with renewed confidence and optimism."
More than 50 per cent of the sales happened for the locally produced Sports Activity Vehicle range including the BMW X1, the BMW X3 and the BMW X5. The newly launched BMW X7 experienced astounding demand in all regions. The BMW 3 Series and the BMW 5 Series continued their traditional role as strong contributors in the sedan segment.
On the other hand, the locally produced MINI Countryman commanded a share of over 40 per cent in sales. The iconic MINI Hatch and the popular MINI Convertible contributed to over 23 per cent sales each.
Now coming to the two-wheeler side, BMW Motorrad India saw the increase in sales by the launch of the new BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS. Together, the two motorcycles commanded a share of over 80 per cent in the yearly sales. The BMW R 1250 GS & GSA, BMW F 750 & 850 GS and the BMW S 1000 RR also had a healthy contribution in the sales.
Thoughts About BMW Sales In The Year 2020
The year 2020 saw one of the biggest global pandemic, the COVID-19. Despite everything being shut and under lockdown, it is really commendable to see a luxury brand like BMW to sell 6,604 units of their vehicle.