- 12 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 13 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 15 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Starlink Coming To India Soon: Available For Pre-Order For $99
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Thalapathy 65: Sivakarthikeyan To Join The Vijay-Nelson Dilip Kumar Project?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
BMW has launched their new 3 Series Gran Limousine in the Indian market. The new BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine is now offered with a starting price of Rs 51.50 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The new Limousine version essentially a long-wheelbase version of the standard 3 series saloon already on sale in the market.
The new BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine will be offered in three variants. This includes 2 petrol versions in the form of a 330Li Luxury Line & 330 Li M Sport ‘First Edition. The diesel variant will come in the form of a 320Ld Luxury Line. The top-spec model is priced at Rs 53.90 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
Bookings for the new 3 Series Gran Limousine began earlier this month. The company also announced special benefits for customers booking the sedan, before the launch, including an exclusive booking amount of just Rs 50,000.
BMW also stated that the first 50 customers booking the 3 Series Limousine, will receive a complimentary ‘Comfort Package' worth Rs 1 lakh. Deliveries for the new BMW 3 Series Limousine is said to begin shortly.
Talking about the dimensions, the new BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine model measures 4,819mm in length (110mm longer than the standard model), 1827mm in width and 1,463mm in height (28mm taller than the standard). The Limousine version also has a wheelbase of 2961mm.
The new BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine will carry forward the same design and styling elements from the standard sedan also on sale in India. This includes LED headlamps with LED DRLs and turn indicators ,large kidney grille at the centre, stylish dual-tone alloy wheels and 3D LED tail lights at the back. The new Limousine version will also receive a panoramic sunroof and many other features as well.
Moving to the inside, the cabin layout on the new Limousine version is identical to the standard. However, it now comes with more space, thanks to the longer wheelbase. Passengers are now welcomed to a more spacious and comfortable cabin, both at the front and back; giving a more premium feel as well.
The new BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine will also carry forward most of the interior features from the standard model as well. This includes a 10.25-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the brand's latest iDrive technology, multi-zone climate control, wireless charging, ambient lighting, steering-mounted controls, cruise control and many others as well.
Coming to the mechanicals, the new Limousine version carries forward the same petrol and diesel engine options as the standard sedan. This comes in the form of a 2.0-litre TwinPower Turbo petrol engine producing 258bhp and 400Nm of peak torque. BMW claims that the petrol model accelerates from 0 - 100km/h in 6.2 seconds.
There will also be a 2.0-litre diesel unit churning out 188bhp and 400Nm of peak torque. The diesel-powered variant claims to accelerate from 0 - 100km/h in 7.6 seconds. Both engines are mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission as standard.
Thoughts On The BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine Launch In India
The BMW 3 Series Limousine is now the longest car in its segment. The new 3 Series Limousine continues to rival the likes of the Audi A4 facelift, Mercedes-Benz C-Class and the recently introduced 2021 Volvo S60 as well.