- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 1 day ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- News Opposition alleges 'major' scam in land purchased to construct Ram temple in Ayodhya
- Sports Legendary sprinter Milkha Singh's wife Nirmal passes away due to COVID-19 complications
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Nikki Tamboli Says She Is Scared To Cry In Front Of Her Parents Post Brother's Death
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
Ride-hailing platform Blu-Smart has announced the completion of 16 million (1.6 crore) emission-free kilometres in the Delhi-NCR region. This feat was recently accomplished by the Gurugram based start-up and the milestone was announced on World Environmental Day.
Blu-Smart achieved this feat by completing over five lakh zero-emission trips through their ride-hailing platform in Delhi-NCR. The company claims that for each kilometre, they save 68gms of CO2. That being said, it is estimated that the start-up company has reduced the region's CO2 emissions by 1.08 billion grams since it began operating on 04 June, 2019.
At present, the company offers its all-electric emission-free mobility service in Delhi-NCR alone, and has so far planned and executed quite a few creative ways of improving their business and in turn played a big role in reducing the impact on the environment.
One such creative program is the company's referral program that was introduced last year. For every referral lead received from its existing customers, the company has planted a tree. Apart from the CO2-free rides, the company has claimed that their all-electric rides do not emit other pollutants like CO, PM2.5 and PM5.
In recent times, the company has also focused on gender equality by hiring female drivers. As a safety precaution, the company is offering their female drivers an eight-hour lease period only during the daytime.
The company is also planning to add 500 more female drivers, with an aim to equalise gender distribution within its workforce.
Thoughts On Blu-Smart Achieving 16 Million Emission-Free Kilometres In Delhi-NCR
It is a great achievement by Blu-Smart and there is no way to dispute this. There are many other electric vehicle ride-hailing platforms operating in different cities across India. If each of these brands share their statistics, we're sure the number of emission-free kilometres achieved would be staggering.
However, these numbers will still pale in comparison to the number of kilometres run by petrol/diesel vehicles and that is exactly what we need to change in the next few years.