- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: Big shame that we don't have Stokes, Archer for tournament, says Roy
- Lifestyle Hum Do Hamare Do Promotions: Kriti Sanon’s Aqua Gown Is What You Can Bookmark For Tropical Holidays
- Movies Bigg Boss 15: Karan Kundrra Says He Never Did Any Work At Home But Is Now Cleaning Toilets In The BB House
- Finance This Small-Cap IT Company To Consider Interim Dividend On October 26
- News India expressed readiness to provide humanitarian aid to Afghans says Taliban
- Technology Moto G51 5G Key Features Leaked Online; 50MP Triple Camera, FHD+ Display In Tow
- Education Kerala TET Result Released For May 2021 Session
- Travel Top Wedding Destinations In India
Bharath (BH) Series plate has been launched in India. The registration for the BH Series plate will come into effect from September 15, 2021. The new rule is being proposed for Defence, Central /State Govt, Central/ State PSUs and Pvt sector Cos/organizations employees.
However, the company has to have offices in four or more States or UTs to become eligible for the new BH Series vehicle registration plate.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) is offering centralized vehicle numbers under the new series plate. This allows free movement of personal vehicles across any state of India upon relocation to a new state.
According to a government circular, the format for the BH Series plate will be YY BH #### XX
- YY: Year of first registration
- BH- Code for Bharat Series
- ####- 0000 to 9999 (randomized)
- XX- Alphabets (AA to ZZ)
- No Objection Certificate from the Parent State for assignment of a new registration mark in another state.
- Assignment of new registration mark after the road tax on a pro-rata basis is paid in the new State
- Application for refund of the road tax in the parent State on a pro-rata basis.
As mentioned earlier, this vehicle registration facility under "Bharat Series (BH-Series)" will be available on a voluntary basis to Defense personnel, employees of Central Government/ State Government/ Central/ State Public Sector Undertakings and private sector companies/organizations, which have their offices in four or more States/Union territories.
Under the BH Series, the motor vehicle road tax will be paid once in two years for 14 years from the date of registration. After completion of the fourteenth year, the motor vehicle road tax is paid annually, which will be half of the amount which was charged earlier for that vehicle.
Here is how you can apply for one
During the registration of vehicle:
1. If the applicant working for the private sector, he/she should have a From 60 attached to the vehicle registration document.
2. If the applicant working for the government sector, he/she should attach the Official Identity Card to the vehicle registration document.
Apart from this, the applicant has to pay the road tax for two years depending on the invoice price excluding GST. Here is how much you'll have to pay under the BH-Series registration.
|Invoice Price||Tax Percentage|
|Below Rs 10 lakh||8%|
|Rs 10-20 lakh||10%|
|Above Rs 20 lakh||12%|
Additionally, diesel vehicles will be charged 2 per cent extra, while electric vehicles will be charged 2% less tax
All applications will be processed via the online portal with numbers generated randomly. The BH-Series plate will be having black text on white background.
MoRTH is yet to announce the procedure completely to apply for the registration of the BH-Series plate in India. However, the procedure should remain the same for new & old vehicles with old ones getting the road tax back on a pro-rata basis.
What was the rule earlier for the inter-state relocation of vehicles?
Based on the existing law, private vehicle owners can use the vehicle in a new state with the old state registration for 12 months. They are required to re-register with the new state within 12 months after relocating. A passenger vehicle user takes the following steps to re-register a vehicle.
This provision to get a refund from the parent State on a pro-rata basis is a very cumbersome process and varies from one State to another. As a result, the new BH-Series plate is being introduced to remove the pain points in the inter-state relocation of vehicles.
Thoughts About The Bharath (BH) Series Plate Launched In India
Re-registration of the vehicle while moving to another state is one of the pain points in the vehicle registration process that needed attention. As a result, the new BH-Series will allow free movement of vehicles for employees relocating to other cities regularly. However, the tax for the BH-Series plate will still have to be paid on a biennial basis for the 14 years of registration.