- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 19 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 20 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 22 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- News 'Regret not learning Tamil': PM Modi on Mann Ki Baat
- Sports Rumour Has It: Gerrard lined up for Liverpool return as Klopp exit looms
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Movies Parineeti Chopra's Saina: Makers Eyeing For A Theatrical Release; Read Details
- Technology Zili App: What Is Zili App? How To Download And Use Zili App On Jio Phone, Android, iPhone?
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV) have partnered with Motherson Group to announce the unveiling of the BharatBenz 'BSafe Express' - a specialised made-in-India reefer truck for the safe transportation of COVID-19 vaccine across the country.
The company states that the new BSafe Express reefer truck comes equipped with the latest state-of-the-art connectivity, along with newly developed refrigeration units to ensure optimal temperature and conditions are maintained during the transportation of the COVID-19 vaccine. The connected technology also allows the reefer trucks to be remotely monitored at all stages.
The container used on the BharatBenz BSafe Express truck uses a special Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) and XPS Foam in its construction; among others. These help reduce the weight of the container, while also making it water-resistant, non-corrosive and highly insulated. Motherson Group claims that the container can be assembled within just 96 hours.
The reefer is said to be mounted on the BharatBenz 2823R chassis, which is said to be the most reliable, efficient and safest in the country.The BSafe Express reefer truck also comes with BharatBenz's 'Truckconnect' - a telematics platform, which offer real-time tracking of both the vehicle and the cargo.
Satyakam Arya, M.D. & CEO, Daimler India Commercial Vehicles, stated,
"The combination of a strong, reliable chassis with a lightweight, insulated reefer and state-of-the-art connectivity device makes BharatBenz's 'BSafe Express' the perfect solution to India's cold-chain infrastructure challenge. With this truck, we can deliver vaccines in perfect condition to even the most remote destinations, bringing hope of a return to normalcy to over 1.3 billion people."
Vivek Chaand Sehgal, Chairman, Motherson Group said,
"Motherson has delivered on its promise of providing a safe and reliable distribution solution for the COVID vaccine. Our innovative and integrated product enables temperature control and tamper monitoring which are critical to ensure effective distribution of the COVID vaccine across India. We hope that, together with our customers, we can contribute to the humanitarian need of bringing COVID under control as quickly as possible."
Thoughts On The BharatBenz BSafe Express Reefer Truck Unveil
The BharatBenz BSafe Express is a Made-in-India reefer truck in the country. The joint venture between DICV and Motherson Group also stated that post the vaccination drive, the reefer truck can also be used for other items which require low-temperature transportation.