- 22 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Tsitsipas taking inspiration from the gold medallist grandfather he has never met
- Movies Karan Johar: I Cannot Backslap Shah Rukh Khan; He Is A Very Spiritual Person [Flashback]
- News Govt 'insulting' farmers, it must repeal farm laws: Priyanka
- Finance Top 5 Banks Offering Best Interest Rates On 3-Year Fixed Deposits In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Audi launches the e-Tron electric SUV and Sportback in India at Rs 99.99 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price). The SUV is available in two variants, while the Sportback is offered in a single trim. Bookings for both models are already underway in the country.
Variants & Pricing
|Audi e-tron model||Price ex-showroom|
|e-tron Sportback 55||₹1,17,66,000|
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India)
- Typhoon Gray
- Siam Beige
- Mythos Black
- Glacier White
- Galaxy Blue
- Floret Silver
- Catalunya Red
- Navarra Blue
- Plasma Blue (Sportback only)
Exterior Design & Features
The differences between the exterior design of the SUV & the Sportback come down to the sloping roofline and blacked-out window line. Other exterior features remain the same between both models. This includes:
- Matrix LED headlamps
- LED DRLs
- LED bar on boot-lid
- LED taillamps
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Charging ports on either side
Despite the large footprint, the e-Tron features a slipper design to reduce drag. Additionally, the flaps at the front open only to provide cooling, which otherwise remains closed.
Interiors, Features & Technology
The Audi e-Tron feature three screens for the instrument cluster, infotainment and operation of seat function and climate control. For an enhanced in-car entertainment experience, the SUV is offered with a premium Bang & Olufsen audio system (optional).
Other interior features:
- Four-zone climate control
- My Audi Connect
- Panoramic sunroof
- Head-up display
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Twin-spoke steering wheel with mounted controls
The e-Tron also features Audi's Cabin Silence technology, where the body of the EV has been optimised for comfort when it comes to vibration and noise. This has been achieved using sound-absorbing and insulating materials to reduce sound penetration in the passenger compartment while advanced aeroacoustics further reduce background noise.
Electric Powertrain & Performance
As mentioned earlier, the e-Tron is offered in two variants: 50 & 55. Both variants use two electric motors on each axle with varying power outputs. However, they feature Audi's Quattro four-wheel-drive system, regenerative braking and fast charging technology.
Audi e-Tron 50
- Battery capacity: 71kWh
- Max power: 308bhp
- Peak torque: 540Nm
- Acceleration (0 to 100kmph): 6.8 seconds
- Top speed: 190kmph (electronically limited)
Audi e-Tron 55
- Battery capacity: 95kWh
- Max power: 402bhp
- Peak torque: 664Nm
- Acceleration (0 to 100kmph): 5.7 seconds
- Top speed: 200kmph (electronically limited)
The e-Tron features the Audi Drive Select that comes pre-loaded with 7 different drive modes: Dynamic, Sport, Efficiency, Comfort, All-Road, Off-Road & Individual. Each mode adjusts the vehicle's characteristics by adapting the steering assistance, engine
characteristics and adaptive air suspension.
Range & Charging
The e-Tron 50 features a maximum claimed driving range of 370km (WLTP). On the other hand, the powerful e-Tron 55 features a maximum claimed driving range of 480km (WLTP). However, the real-time range figures will vary depending on several factors.
Additionally, to provide an enhanced range, the e-Tron features regenerative braking technology with 3 selectable modes. Each stage has a different level of deceleration that lets you recover different amounts of energy. This system can be controlled manually using shift paddles too.
Regarding charging, the e-Tron features fast charging technology which can juice up the battery from 0 to 80 per cent in 30 minutes using a 150kW DC fast charger.
Key Audi India Dealerships will be equipped with a 50kW fast charger in a phased manner. The company claims over 100 chargers to be installed across 75 key cities in the country. Also, Early bird customers can avail of complimentary charging through 2021 at any Audi India dealership that is equipped with the charging facility.
Alternatively, Audi will also be offering the e-Tron with an onboard 11kW AC charger, which can charge the battery pack from 0 to 80 per cent in 8.5 hours.
Audi is also offering its EV customers, a new section on the Audi Connect called the e-Tron Hub. This special tab is available on the Audi Connect app guides you on a range of functions and features of your Audi e-Tron. This includes:
- Ease of purchase
- Range calculator
- Finding nearest charger
- Charging time calculator
- Dedicated assistance for e-Tron customers
- Savings calculator
Safety & Warranty
Audi has equipped the e-Tron with a ton of safety equipment including Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and a Park Assist function.
- 8 airbags
- Brake Assist
- Electronic Stability Control
- Traction Control
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Pre-sense Basic
Regarding warranty, the e-Tron is offered with an impressive 8-Year/1,60,000km on the battery pack along with a 2-year standard warranty for the vehicle. Extended Warranty options are available across a period of 2+2 years or 2+3 years.
Additionally, the company is also offering a complimentary 5-year Road Side Assistance. Customers can also purchase a 5-year/80,000km Service Package for scheduled servicing. The company is also offering the best-in-class buyback up to 3 years from the date of purchase.
Thoughts About The Audi e-Tron Launched In India
Audi becomes the latest brand to launch a luxury electric vehicle in the Indian market. The e-Tron SUV and Sportback are certainly a welcome addition with their impressive range and performance. The e-Tron rivals the likes of the Mercedes-Benz EQC and the Jaguar I-Pace.
Are you impressed with the e-Tron? Watch our review video to find out more about the features, performance, ride & handling of the latest luxury electric SUV.