- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Bike Prices Hiked For The Third Time This Year: Model-Wise New Vs Old Price List
- 2 hrs ago Bugatti Divo Production Ends — 40th Unit Of The Hypercar Rolls Off The Production Line
- 3 hrs ago Honda Amaze Facelift India Launch On August 17: Expected Price, Changes, New Features & More
- 18 hrs ago Volkswagen Taigun India Launch Timeline Confirmed: Expected Price, Two Engine Options Available
- Sports Who is Mirabai Chanu? Know The Success Story, Age, State, World Rankings, Records, Stats and More
- Movies Dwayne Johnson Confirms He Won't Return To Fast & Furious Franchise Amid Feud With Vin Diesel
- News Bank holiday 2021: Banks to remain shut on these days , know the dates
- Technology Is Flying To Space The Coolest Thing Humans Have Ever Done?
- Education Want To Become A Tattoo Artist? Check Out Skills Required And Career Opportunities
- Finance 4 Stocks That Broking Firms Are Bullish And Have A "Buy" Rating
- Lifestyle Vitamin E Deficiency: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In August
Audi is gearing up to launch the e-Tron electric SUV in the Indian market. The e-Tron getting listed on the brand's website points to the imminent India launch. The e-Tron will be the brand first all-electric offering in the country.
The company has already showcased the e-Tron electric SUV in 2019. It was initially expected to arrive in 2020. However, the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has delayed the launch of the luxury electric SUV in India.
Ahead of its launch, Audi had also teased the e-Tron electric SUV in India. The company will also bring the Sportback version of the e-Tron at a later date to the country. Both models feature the same underpinnings albeit with a different design.
Speaking about the electric SUV's powertrain, the Audi e-Tron will feature two electric motors. This includes a 125kW motor at the front and a 140kW motor at the rear. Both motors produce a combined output of 408bhp of power and 664Nm of torque with all four wheels being driven.
The electric motors are coupled to a 95kWh Lithium-ion battery that can be charged to 80 per cent in 30 minutes via a DC fast charger. A regular home charger takes roughly 10 hours to completely charge the battery (100%). The electric SUV can accelerate from standstill to 100kmph in 5.7seconds, and continue to reach a top speed of 200kmph.
The e-Tron features a sleek-looking octagon-shaped front grille with flaps for air cooling. The electric SUV also features a sloping roof-line, an LED bar across the boot, blind-spot monitoring, LED headlamps with Audi's Matrix technology, and 20-inch spoke alloy wheels.
On the inside, the interiors of the Audi e-Tron feature multiple touchscreens, a premium Bang & Olufsen sound system, and more. It also features different power modes and regenerative braking.
Other features include multiple climate control, voice-assisted connected technology electric sunroof, wireless smartphone charging, the brand's virtual cockpit fully digital instrument cluster, a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, ABS, traction control, stability control and more. The electric SUV is also expected to receive a couple of active safety features as well.
The Audi e-Tron measures 4.9-meters in length and can seat five occupants. The electric SUV is longer than the Q5 SUV in the brand's line-up. The SUV is also practical by offering boot space of 660-litres, which can be increased to 1,725-litres by folding the second-row seats.
Thoughts About The Audi e-Tron Electric SUV Listed On Indian Website Ahead Of Launch
The Audi e-Tron's launch has been on the brand's pipeline for a long time. The website listing on the Indian website points to the imminent launch of the electric SUV. Once launched the e-Tron will rival the Mercedes-Benz EQC, Jaguar i-Pace and the upcoming Volvo XC40 Recharge and Tesla Model 3.