- 12 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 13 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 15 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Starlink Coming To India Soon: Available For Pre-Order For $99
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Thalapathy 65: Sivakarthikeyan To Join The Vijay-Nelson Dilip Kumar Project?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Mahindra launched the new-generation Thar last year in October. Since the time of launch, the new Thar has gained a lot of traction in the Indian market. The model got over 6,000 bookings in January 2021 alone. Now, Mahindra & Mahindra has announced that the all-new Mahindra Thar has received over 39,000 bookings since its inception.
Mahindra has launched the much-awaited all-new 2020 Thar in the Indian market. The 2020 Thar is available in three variants with prices starting at Rs 9.80 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The new Mahindra Thar is offered in six colour options. The Thar AX series will cater to off-road enthusiasts who are looking for a bare-bone SUV with minimum electronic assistance. While the LX will cater to the remaining audience who would want to use the SUV every day, making it the ultimate urban cruiser.
Mechanically, the all-new Mahindra Thar is powered by both petrol and diesel engines. It includes a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque. Engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. All variants come equipped with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive systems with mechanical locking differentials as standard.
Mahindra is offering the Thar AX series with both engine options paired to a manual transmission. The automatic transmission options are offered only on the top-spec LX series. However, the LX variant misses out on manual transmission with a petrol engine configuration.
On the outside, the updated SUV features a revised front fascia with a new grille, headlamps, scuff plates on the front bumper, 18-inch wheels and tail lamps. The company is also providing the off-roader with a factory-fitted hardtop for the very first time. The company is also offering the new Thar in various seating configurations. It includes either four front-facing seats or two front and four side-facing seats, depending on the variant.
Other features on the new Thar includes a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, steering-mounted controls, cruise control, manual shift-on-the-fly 4x4 transfer case, semi-digital instrument cluster, and roof-mounted speakers and many more.
Thoughts About The New Mahindra Thar Crossing A New Milestone
The all-new Mahindra Thar is one of the best off-roader present in the country. Now, the new Thar features a lot of changes that include a lot of creature comforts that were missing from the previous generation model. We are sure that the New That will achieve new milestones in the near future.