- 15 hrs ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 1 day ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 1 day ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 September 19 Highlights: Khiladis Enjoy Performances Of Dance Deewane 3
- Technology List Of 512 GB Internal memory Smartphones Available To Buy In India
- Sports IPL 2021, CSK vs MI: Stats, Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- News Stringent lockdown where Covid spread is critical: Kerala govt
- Finance Top 5 Best Cryptocurrency To Consider For Long Term Investments
- Education JEE Advanced 2021 Update: Registration Closes Tomorrow; OBC-NCL/EWS Certificates To Be Submitted By October 2
- Lifestyle 12 Indian Vegetables That You Must Add To Your Diet; Recipes And Possible Side Effects
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Volkswagen is gearing up to launch a couple of SUVs in the Indian market including the facelifted Tiguan introduced earlier this year. The company is looking to launch the 2021 Tiguan sometime during the festive season this year.
The Tiguan SUV will be reentering the market with an all-new design, features and most of all a new powertrain. Once launched, the upcoming Tiguan will be the brand's third five-seat SUV offering in the country after the T-Roc and the upcoming Tiguan.
Volkswagen will slot the new Tiguan above the T-Roc and is expected to be priced at around Rs 28 lakh ex-showroom. This will bring the SUV closer to the Jeep Compass top-spec variant and the Citroen C5 Aircross as well.
The new Tiguan looks similar to its BS4 model. However, there are some tweaks, which give the new SUV an appealing stance. This includes the new sleek-looking headlamps that now features LED Matrix technology.
The new SUV also features a sharper-looking grille finished in chrome and a redesigned bumper that now features triangular-shaped inserts on either side along with an air dam in the middle. We could notice the front sensors placed on the bumper as well.
Also, the new Tiguan now features a new design for the 18-inch alloy wheel. The chrome-finished window line adds to the premium look of the SUV.
Other interior features of the SUV include an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a fully digital instrument cluster, premium Vienna leather seats, illuminated scuff plates, a panoramic sunroof, and ambient lighting with 30 shades; among others.
The new Tiguan is also expected to feature rear AC vents, wireless mobile charging along with multiple USB slots, a cooled glovebox, an eight-way powered driver seat, and the brand's latest iteration of connected technology for ease of use.
Speaking of the powertrain under the bonnet, the Tiguan will share its complete powertrain with its elder sibling, the Tiguan Allspace. It will be powered by a 2.0-litre TSI engine that dishes out a maximum of 190bhp and a peak torque 320Nm. The power is sent to all four wheels via the brand 4MOTION all-wheel-drive system mated a seven-speed DSG gearbox.
Thoughts About The 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan India Launch Timeline Revealed
Volkswagen is looking to take advantage of the current market demand for SUVs in India. The company will be re-launching the Tiguan in the market alongside its three-row sibling the Tiguan AllSpace. However, the pricing of the Tiguan will play a vital role as people would opt for the AllSpace variant if the difference is negligible.