- 9 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities & Rs
- 11 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- 14 hrs ago Citroen C3 Unveiled In India Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Design, Features, Storage Space & More Details
- Lifestyle Parivartini Ekadashi 2021: Date, History And Significance Of This Festival
- News Schools, colleges in Uttar Pradesh to remain shut on Friday, Saturday in view of heavy rains
- Movies Mohanlal's Drishyam To Get An Indonesian Remake, Confirms Antony Perumbavoor
- Sports Dhoni named in 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Technology Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
Tata Motors will be launching the 2021 Tigor EV in India on August 31. Ahead of its launch, the company has revealed the variants and colour options available on the new Tigor EV electric compact sedan.
Customers booking the new Tigor EV can choose from three variants: XM, XZ+ and XZ+ DT. Bookings are currently being accepted for a token amount of Rs 21,000 with deliveries said to begin at the time of launch.
Regarding the colour options, a single colour of Teal Blue will be available on the new Tigor EV. While the top-spec dual-tone variant will feature a contrast black coloured roof.
Speaking about the new Tigor EV's electric powertrain, it is will be using the brand' high voltage Ziptron architecture that power the Nexon EV. The electric sedan uses a 26kWh lithium-ion battery pack paired to a 55kW electric motor. This produces 74bhp and 170Nm of peak torque and is claimed to accelerate from 0-100kmph in 5.7 seconds.
The fast-charging capability allows the battery to be charged from 0-80 per cent in under one hour while the regular 15A charger enables the car to be charged from 0-80 per cent in 8.5 hours.
The company is yet to announce the claimed range of the Tigor EV, which will be revealed at the time of launch. However, we reckon that the maximum electric driving range could be around kilometres on a single battery charge.
The 2021 Tigor EV has undergone a host of changes inside and out. The exterior changes include:
- Projectors headlamps
- LED DRLs
- Blacked-out ORVMs
- New front grille with a tri-arrow design
- LED taillamps
- Shark-fin antenna
- Coloured accents
- New alloy wheels
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Digital instrument cluster
- Autoamtic climate control
- IRA connected technology
- 30+ connected features
- Mobile charging ports
- Steering mounted controls
- Cruise control
- 316-litre boot space
- Dual front airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Stability control
- ISOFIX child-seat anchors
- Seat-belt reminder
Interior & Technology
On the inside, the new Tigor EV is revamped with new upholstery along with a beige & black theme. It also features contrast stitching on the seats, dashboard and door panels. Other features include:
Tata cars are known to be the safest in the industry and the new Tigor EV will be no different. It will most likely borrow all the safety features from its ICE powered counterpart. This includes:
Expected Price & Warranty
The new Tigor EV will be offered only to private buyers in the country as the X-Pres T is already offered for the commercial segment. The new Tigor EV could be priced at around Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom, which will make it the most affordable EV on sale in India.
Regarding warranty, the company is also offering 8-year and 1,60,000km warranty on the battery pack, which is also IP67 rated for dust and water resistance.
Thoughts About The 2021 Tata Tigor EV Variant & Colour Options Revealed Ahead Of Launch
The Tigor EV will be offered in multiple variants with changes limited to features and cosmetics between them. Currently, there is no electric compact sedan on offer for private buyers in India.
As a result, the Tigor EV will be a breakthrough as it is expected to be the cheapest electric vehicle offering in the country upon launch.