- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 16 hrs ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 18 hrs ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 21 hrs ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- Finance FPIs Investment: Indian Markets Receives Rs 13,424 Cr In June So Far
- Sports Rumour Has It: PSG still interested in Hakimi amid Chelsea contact, Bernardo Silva wants Man City exit
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- News Cricket ball-sized black fungus removed from 60-year-old patient's brain
- Movies 20 Years Of Lagaan: Aamir Khan Pens Heartfelt Note, Thanks Ashutosh Gowariker
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy Z Flip 3 Launch Speculated: Everything You Need To Know
- Education THE Asia University Rankings 2021: List of Indian Universities In Times Asia Rankings 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
The all-new 2021 Skoda Octavia is all set to hit the Indian market in a few days. However, the launch of the new Octavia was postponed due to the ongoing second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The new sedan was supposed to launch in the month of April this year. Ahead of the official announcement, the 2021 Octavia has started to arrive at several showrooms in the country. The third-generation Skoda Octavia is based on the updated MQB platform.
However, according to the latest report by TeamBHP, the upcoming sedan has been spied once again. This time around the spy images are of the interiors of the car and we can see that the sedan will be offered with quite a lot of changes. The 2021 Octavia will be offered in the top-spec Laurin & Klement trim and a new Lava Blue paint job. The one in the spy pictures is in the Candy White shade.
On the inside, the sedan will get a large floating infotainment system, beige dashboard, a fully digital instrument cluster, a two-spoke steering wheel wrapped in leather and many more. It also gets gloss black inserts on the centre portion of the dashboard, door pads, and the centre console. Overall, the sedan gets a completely different interior than the previous-gen model.
Mechanically, the company is not giving the sedan a mere engine update. Instead, it is launching an all-new generation of the sedan with new design, features and powertrain options. The older diesel engines have been discontinued. The 2021 Octavia will now be powered by the brand's TSI turbo-petrol engine. However, it is yet to be known if the sedan will be offered in two engine options or a single top-spec powertrain.
The engines in question are the 1.5-litre and the 2.0-litre turbo-petrol units. The 1.5-litre TSI unit produces 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. The top-spec 2.0-litre TSI engine churns out 190bhp and 320Nm of torque mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
Thoughts About The 2021 Skoda Octavia Being launched In India
The Covid-19 cases are increasing at a rapid rate in the country. All measures have to be taken to contain the spread of the deadly virus. Skoda's decision to delay the launch of the Octavia is certainly commendable and once launched, the new Octavia will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Elantra in India.