- 38 min ago Tata Nexon EV Now On Sale In Nepal — Prices Start At NPR 35.99 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Chetak Bookings Reopen: High Demand For The Electric Scooter Continues In These Cities
- 1 hr ago Ducati Opens New Showroom In Pune: Multistrada V4 Showcased For The First Time In India
- 3 hrs ago Tata Motors To Increase Prices Again — Third Price Hike In 2021 For Tata Cars
- News Uttar Pradesh: PM Modi to interact with beneficiaries of food security scheme on August 5
- Movies The Suicide Squad Early Review: Critics Call James Gunn's Film A Miracle Blockbuster
- Lifestyle August 2021: List Of Indian Festivals Falling In This Month
- Finance 3 High-Rated Aggressive Hybrid Mutual Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A03s India Support Page Goes Live; Hints Imminent Launch
- Sports Havildar Soman Rana, who lost his right leg in mine blast in 2006, to compete in Tokyo Paralympics 2020
- Education Uttar Pradesh: Around 1,70,896 Anganwadi Schools To Get Preschool Kits, Booklets
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
BMW launches the 2021 5 Series in India at Rs 62.90 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price). The new 5 Series will be available in three variants and engine options. Bookings for the 5 Series is open across India.
Variants & Pricing
- 530i M Sport: Rs 62.90 lakh
- 520d: Rs 63.90 lakh
- 530d M Sport: Rs 71.90 lakh
All prices are ex-showroom (India).
Customers who have booked the made M Sport variants on or before 24 July 2021 will be offered with 50% discount on the selected range of exclusive M Performance accessories.
- Alpine White
- Black Sapphire
- Glacier Silver
- Carbon Black
- Mineral White
- Phytonic Blue
The 2021 5 Series has undergone changes in the front and rear. At the front is a larger BMW's kidney grille along with new sleek-looking headlamps. The bumper has also been redesigned adding to the overall sporty appeal of the sedan.
The rear features a new taillamp design, a trapezoidal exhaust and a new bumper along with a new alloy wheel design.
- BMW Laserlight LED headlamps
- L-Shaped LED DRLs & taillamps
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Active aero vents
Interiors, Features & Technology
The biggest change is the new seventh-generation BMW iDrive system featuring a host of new applications, connectivity options, and personalisation as well. Another display is placed at the centre of the dashboard for climate control operations.
The sedan also features dual-tone upholstery with a new seat design. There is an abundant use of leather and Alcantara to give the cabin a premium feel.
- 10.25-inch infotainment display
- 10.25-inch instrument cluster
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay connectivity
- Sports steering wheel with mounted controls
- Dual-zone climate control
- Panoramic sunroof
- Paddle shifters
- Ventilated & power-operated seats
- Rear AC vents
- Ambient lighting
- Harman Kardon Surround Sound System
- BMW Gesture Control
- BMW Virtual Assistant
Engine & Transmission
The new 5 Series will be offered with three engine options limited by variants. All engines will come paired to the same 8-speed automatic gearbox with power sent to the rear wheels as standard.
BMW 530i M Sport:
- 2.0-litre, inline-four-cylinder petrol engine
- Max power: 248bhp @ 5,200rpm
- Peak torque: 350Nm @ 4,800rpm
- 0 to 100kmph: 6.1 seconds
- Top Speed: 250kmph
BMW 520d Luxury Line:
- 2.0-litre, inline-four-cylinder diesel engine
- Max power: 187.7bhp @ 4,000rpm
- Peak torque: 400Nm @ 2,500rpm
- 0 to 100kmph: 7.3 seconds
- Top Speed: 250kmph
BMW 530d M Sport:
- 3.0-litre, inline-six-cylinder diesel engine
- Max power: 261.4bhp @ 4,000rpm
- Peak torque: 620Nm @ 2,500rpm
- 0 to 100kmph: 5.7 seconds
- Top Speed: 250kmph
All variants of the 5 Series features four drive modes: Comfort, Sport, ECO PRO and Adaptive. M Sport variants offer an extra Sport+ mode for a sportier driving experience.
The 5 Series comes with a plethora of active and passive safety features. The company is also offering customers an optional Advanced Driver Assisted System (ADAS) as well.
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Front Collision warning
- Emergency Brake Assist
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
Optional Active Safety:
- Lane Departure Warning
- Blind Spot Detection
- Rear Collision Warning
- Steering and Lane Control Assistant
- Automatic Speed Limit Assist
- Parking Assistant with 360-degree camera
- 8 airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Cornering Brake Control
- Dynamic Stability Control
- Dynamic Traction Control
- Electric parking brake with auto-hold function
- ISOFIX child seat mounting
Finance, Warranty & Service
BMW is offering customized and flexible financial solutions. Customers can own a BMW with low monthly payments starting at Rs 49,999 with an assured buy-back of up to 4 years.
Service Inclusive and Service Inclusive Plus further reduce cost of ownership. Customers can choose from a variety of service plans according to duration and mileage. The packages cover Condition Based Service (CBS) and maintenance work with plans ranging from 3 yrs / 40,000 kilometres to 10 yrs / 2,00,000 kilometres.
The service packages are lowest in the segment starting at INR 52,000 for a 3-year period.
Thoughts About The 2021 BMW 5 Series Launched In India
BMW updated to the current-generation 5 Series back in 2017. The new 5 Series has received a comprehensive facelift with new features and design along with refreshed and updated interiors. The 5 Series rivals the likes of the Audi A6, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Jaguar XF, Volvo S90, and the Lexus ES.