- News Captain Singh set to resign from Congress: New party may be named The Punjab Lok Congress
- Sports Harmanpreet Kaur to captain a side in FairBreak's Invitational T20 Tournament next year
- Finance Residential vs Commercial: Where To Invest For Rental Income?
- Movies Janhvi Kapoor On Shooting For Helen Remake: We Had One Schedule Which Broke Me Physically & Mentally
- Technology Huawei FreeBuds 4i TWS Earbuds With 10 Hours Battery, ANC Goes Official In India; Price, Sale & Offers
- Education DUET Answer Key 2021 Released By NTA For MPhil, PhD Exams, Raise Objections Till October 27
- Lifestyle New Delta Plus Variant AY.4.2: Is Vaccine Effective Against It? Everything You Need To Know
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
BMW launches the 2021 5 Series in India at Rs 62.90 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price). The new 5 Series will be available in three variants and engine options. Bookings for the 5 Series is open across India.
Variants & Pricing
- 530i M Sport: Rs 62.90 lakh
- 520d: Rs 63.90 lakh
- 530d M Sport: Rs 71.90 lakh
All prices are ex-showroom (India).
Customers who have booked the made M Sport variants on or before 24 July 2021 will be offered with 50% discount on the selected range of exclusive M Performance accessories.
- Alpine White
- Black Sapphire
- Glacier Silver
- Carbon Black
- Mineral White
- Phytonic Blue
The 2021 5 Series has undergone changes in the front and rear. At the front is a larger BMW's kidney grille along with new sleek-looking headlamps. The bumper has also been redesigned adding to the overall sporty appeal of the sedan.
The rear features a new taillamp design, a trapezoidal exhaust and a new bumper along with a new alloy wheel design.
- BMW Laserlight LED headlamps
- L-Shaped LED DRLs & taillamps
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Active aero vents
Interiors, Features & Technology
The biggest change is the new seventh-generation BMW iDrive system featuring a host of new applications, connectivity options, and personalisation as well. Another display is placed at the centre of the dashboard for climate control operations.
The sedan also features dual-tone upholstery with a new seat design. There is an abundant use of leather and Alcantara to give the cabin a premium feel.
- 10.25-inch infotainment display
- 10.25-inch instrument cluster
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay connectivity
- Sports steering wheel with mounted controls
- Dual-zone climate control
- Panoramic sunroof
- Paddle shifters
- Ventilated & power-operated seats
- Rear AC vents
- Ambient lighting
- Harman Kardon Surround Sound System
- BMW Gesture Control
- BMW Virtual Assistant
Engine & Transmission
The new 5 Series will be offered with three engine options limited by variants. All engines will come paired to the same 8-speed automatic gearbox with power sent to the rear wheels as standard.
BMW 530i M Sport:
- 2.0-litre, inline-four-cylinder petrol engine
- Max power: 248bhp @ 5,200rpm
- Peak torque: 350Nm @ 4,800rpm
- 0 to 100kmph: 6.1 seconds
- Top Speed: 250kmph
BMW 520d Luxury Line:
- 2.0-litre, inline-four-cylinder diesel engine
- Max power: 187.7bhp @ 4,000rpm
- Peak torque: 400Nm @ 2,500rpm
- 0 to 100kmph: 7.3 seconds
- Top Speed: 250kmph
BMW 530d M Sport:
- 3.0-litre, inline-six-cylinder diesel engine
- Max power: 261.4bhp @ 4,000rpm
- Peak torque: 620Nm @ 2,500rpm
- 0 to 100kmph: 5.7 seconds
- Top Speed: 250kmph
All variants of the 5 Series features four drive modes: Comfort, Sport, ECO PRO and Adaptive. M Sport variants offer an extra Sport+ mode for a sportier driving experience.
The 5 Series comes with a plethora of active and passive safety features. The company is also offering customers an optional Advanced Driver Assisted System (ADAS) as well.
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Front Collision warning
- Emergency Brake Assist
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
Optional Active Safety:
- Lane Departure Warning
- Blind Spot Detection
- Rear Collision Warning
- Steering and Lane Control Assistant
- Automatic Speed Limit Assist
- Parking Assistant with 360-degree camera
- 8 airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Cornering Brake Control
- Dynamic Stability Control
- Dynamic Traction Control
- Electric parking brake with auto-hold function
- ISOFIX child seat mounting
Finance, Warranty & Service
BMW is offering customized and flexible financial solutions. Customers can own a BMW with low monthly payments starting at Rs 49,999 with an assured buy-back of up to 4 years.
Service Inclusive and Service Inclusive Plus further reduce cost of ownership. Customers can choose from a variety of service plans according to duration and mileage. The packages cover Condition Based Service (CBS) and maintenance work with plans ranging from 3 yrs / 40,000 kilometres to 10 yrs / 2,00,000 kilometres.
The service packages are lowest in the segment starting at INR 52,000 for a 3-year period.
Thoughts About The 2021 BMW 5 Series Launched In India
BMW updated to the current-generation 5 Series back in 2017. The new 5 Series has received a comprehensive facelift with new features and design along with refreshed and updated interiors. The 5 Series rivals the likes of the Audi A6, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Jaguar XF, Volvo S90, and the Lexus ES.