- 26 min ago Kawasaki Bike Prices Hiked For The Third Time This Year: Model-Wise New Vs Old Price List
- 1 hr ago Bugatti Divo Production Ends — 40th Unit Of The Hypercar Rolls Off The Production Line
- 2 hrs ago Honda Amaze Facelift India Launch On August 17: Expected Price, Changes, New Features & More
- 17 hrs ago Volkswagen Taigun India Launch Timeline Confirmed: Expected Price, Two Engine Options Available
- News COVID-19: Karnataka govt allows places of worship to reopen; Processions banned
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Archery: India's mixed team pair of Deepika and Jadhav lose in quarterfinals
- Technology iQOO 7 Monster Orange Variant Launched; Purchase During Amazon Prime Day Sale At Just Rs. 29,990
- Education Want To Become A Tattoo Artist? Check Out Skills Required And Career Opportunities
- Movies 13 Reasons Why Star Tommy Dorfman Reintroduces Herself As A Trans Woman, 'Thrilled To Reintroduce Myself'
- Finance 4 Stocks That Broking Firms Are Bullish And Have A "Buy" Rating
- Lifestyle Vitamin E Deficiency: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In August
BMW will launch the 5 Series facelift in India on 24 June. The BMW 5 Series facelift is set to get slight changes to its styling, along with several feature additions and technological upgrades. It will however still be powered by the same engines and we also expect it to get a price hike.
The BMW 5 Series has reached its mid-cycle period. It received a generational update in 2017 and now it is time for it to receive a facelift. BMW revealed this facelift for international markets in May 2020 and June 24, 2021 is when it will be launched in India.
Design & Style
The biggest change with the new BMW 5 Series facelift comes in the form of aesthetics. Up front is a new chrome grille which is now larger in size. The bumper is redesigned and the headlamps are new too. Top variants of the car now get BMW's Laserlight headlamp technology. The LED DRLs define the overall styling up front.
At the rear, the facelifted BMW 5 Series gets redesigned tail lamps and a redesigned bumper. The exhaust pipe outlets are now trapezoidal across all variants.
The biggest update inside the new facelifted 5 Series comes in the form of the seventh-generation of BMW's iDrive infotainment system. A 10.3-inch touchscreen is a part of the standard equipment on offer across all variants.
The climate control and air conditioning gets a new display and placed a little lower. The materials used inside the car also get an upgrade. Additionally, the centre-console is now finished in Piano Black.
Engine & Gearbox
As aforementioned, BMW will not be updating the engine or transmission. The BMW 5 Series facelift will retain the three engine options found in the current model.
BMW 530i & 530i M Sport:
2.0-litre, inline-four-cylinder petrol engine
Max power: 248bhp @ 5,200rpm
Peak torque: 350Nm @ 1,450 - 4,800rpm
BMW 520d Luxury Line:
2.0-litre, inline-four-cylinder diesel engine
Max power: 187.7bhp @ 4,000rpm
Peak torque: 400Nm @ 1,750 - 2,500rpm
BMW 530d M Sport:
3.0-litre, inline-six-cylinder diesel engine
Max power: 261.4bhp @ 4,000rpm
Peak torque: 620Nm @ 2,000 - 2,500rpm
An 8-speed automatic gearbox is standard across the range and power is sent to the rear wheels.
Competition and Pricing
The BMW 5 Series facelift will compete with the Audi A6, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Jaguar XF, Volvo S90, and Lexus ES. The BMW 5 Series is currently priced between Rs 56 lakh and Rs 69 lakh, ex-showroom. We expect a slight price increase on all variants when the facelift is launched on 24th.
Thoughts On BMW 5 Series Facelift Launching In India On 24 June
The BMW 5 Series is a modern car that outpaced its rivals in many areas, especially in terms of design. Now with the upcoming facelift, BMW will further improve this. The facelifted sedan is surely a brilliant overall package. How BMW will price it is something that is to be seen. 24 June will reveal if the BMW 5 Series has the upper hand over its rivals.