- 5 hrs ago EV Charger Installation In Delhi Becomes Easier: New Application Process Implemented
- 9 hrs ago HOP Leo & Lyf Electric Scooters Launched In India At Rs 65,500
- 12 hrs ago 2021 BMW S 1000 R Launched In India At Rs 17.90 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio Design Patent Images Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Details
- Movies Exclusive: Rumi Jaffery Writes On Sushant Singh Rajput - Read His Heartfelt Note
- Technology Windows 11 Is Real And People Are Already Using It: Download Windows 11
- Sports Euro 2020: Hungary 0-3 Portugal: Ronaldo makes history as holders stage late show
- News Deaths due to COVID-19 in the United States hit 600,000, equal to yearly cancer toll
- Finance Fitch Affirms Adani Ports at 'BBB-'; Outlook Negative
- Education ISRO Offering 3 Free Online Courses For Students And Professionals
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Exudes Vintage Vibes With Her Gorgeous Ivory-Hued Midi Dress; Gives Purse Goals Too!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
MG Motor India is gearing up to deploy 100 Ambulances based on the MG Hector SUV. The new MG Hector Ambulances will exclusively be used for COVID-19 patients. As of now, all the 100 MG Hector Ambulances have been allocated for Nagpur and Vidarbha.
The 100 MG Hector Ambulances were requested by Hon'ble Union Minister Nitin Gadkari to serve COVID-19 patients in Nagpur and Vidarbha in a bid to tackle the sharply rising number of COVID-19 cases.
"We are extremely proud that the minister has called for our support at this critical time. We have immediately delivered 8 of the 100 requested Hector Ambulance units." said Mr Rajeev Chaba (President and MD of MG Motor India)
MG Motor India had previously donated five MG Hector Ambulances to Nangia Speciality Hospital (Nagpur) to serve exclusively to COVID-19 patients, as part of the company's community service scheme MG SEWA.
The MG Hector Ambulances are custom built by the Chinese-owned British car maker at their Halol plant in Gujarat by their own team of engineers. The car is retrofitted with life-saving equipment such as an auto-loading stretcher, an oxygen system with provision for an oxygen cylinder, a jump seat for the attendant, a fire extinguisher, etc.
It even gets a medicine cabinet that can monitor five parameters, an inverter, a siren, a lightbar and a few other types of medical equipment.
Thoughts On 100 MG Hector Ambulances Being Delivered By MG Motor India
It is really remarkable of MG Motor India to commit the delivery of 100 MG Hector Ambulances on such short notice. Desperate times call for desperate measures and we are glad to see automotive manufacturers coming to the rescue. MG has already been using its manufacturing plant to generate oxygen required for those suffering. Now it has started manufacturing ambulances.