- 9 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 23,000 More Than VXi Variant
- 11 hrs ago No More Registration Fee For Electric Vehicles — EVs To Become More Accessible In India
- 1 day ago All Cars In India To Feature Minimum 2 Airbags. Who Invented The Airbags, Importance…& More
- 1 day ago No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- Technology Samsung Independence Day Sale: Price Cut, Discount Offers On Best Samsung Smartphones
- Sports Jack Grealish joins Manchester City in record Premier League deal
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8: BB Fulfils Vaishnavi Gowda’s Wish, Actress Receives Sweet Audio Message From Her Mother
- News Assam govt withdraws Mizoram travel advisory; To work towards border peace
- Education HOS 12th Result 2021: HBSE Haryana Open School 12th Result 2021 Released
- Finance 5 High Rated & Top Performing Small-Cap Funds To Plan SIP In 2021
- Lifestyle Kiara Advani, Vidya Balan, And Nora Fatehi Flaunt Sarees; Whose Saree Did You Find The Prettiest?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In September
MG Motor India is gearing up to deploy 100 Ambulances based on the MG Hector SUV. The new MG Hector Ambulances will exclusively be used for COVID-19 patients. As of now, all the 100 MG Hector Ambulances have been allocated for Nagpur and Vidarbha.
The 100 MG Hector Ambulances were requested by Hon'ble Union Minister Nitin Gadkari to serve COVID-19 patients in Nagpur and Vidarbha in a bid to tackle the sharply rising number of COVID-19 cases.
"We are extremely proud that the minister has called for our support at this critical time. We have immediately delivered 8 of the 100 requested Hector Ambulance units." said Mr Rajeev Chaba (President and MD of MG Motor India)
MG Motor India had previously donated five MG Hector Ambulances to Nangia Speciality Hospital (Nagpur) to serve exclusively to COVID-19 patients, as part of the company's community service scheme MG SEWA.
The MG Hector Ambulances are custom built by the Chinese-owned British car maker at their Halol plant in Gujarat by their own team of engineers. The car is retrofitted with life-saving equipment such as an auto-loading stretcher, an oxygen system with provision for an oxygen cylinder, a jump seat for the attendant, a fire extinguisher, etc.
It even gets a medicine cabinet that can monitor five parameters, an inverter, a siren, a lightbar and a few other types of medical equipment.
Thoughts On 100 MG Hector Ambulances Being Delivered By MG Motor India
It is really remarkable of MG Motor India to commit the delivery of 100 MG Hector Ambulances on such short notice. Desperate times call for desperate measures and we are glad to see automotive manufacturers coming to the rescue. MG has already been using its manufacturing plant to generate oxygen required for those suffering. Now it has started manufacturing ambulances.