- 11 hrs ago KTM Postpones Pro Experience Rides; Says ‘Park Your KTM’
- 12 hrs ago Next-Generation Suzuki Swift Rendered: Will Debut In 2022
- 12 hrs ago New Mahindra XUV500 To Re-Launch As Hyundai Creta Rival: Does This Mean The End Of Cheetah?
- 14 hrs ago Kia India Extends Free Service Period By Two Months Again Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
- News Centre says states can only procure 20 million COVID-19 vaccines in May
- Sports 'Weight lifted off' as Sporting wins first Primeira Liga title in 19 years
- Technology Flipkart LG Days Sale: Discount Offer On LG W41 Pro, LG W31 Plus, LG Wing, LG G8X And More
- Movies Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah Fame Bhavya Gandhi's Father Passes Away Due To COVID-19
- Finance Moody's Joins Other Rating Agencies; Cuts FY22 GDP Forecast To 9.3 Per cent
- Lifestyle COVID-19: Govt Issues '9 General Measures' To Boost COVID Immunity; Includes Dark Chocolate, Eggs, Oats Etc.
- Education Career As Petroleum Engineer: Check Courses And Job Opportunities
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The Kia Soul EV wins the 'World Urban Car of the Year 2020' award. This compact crossover electric-SUV from Kia Motors has taken the top step alongside the Volkswagen T-Cross in second place and the MINI Electric in third-place.
This year's ‘World Urban Car Of The Year' winner was chosen from an initial entry list of eight cars from all over the world. The three finalists the Kia Soul EV, the Mini Electric and the Volkswagen T-Cross, were announced on March 3, 2020.
Thomas Schemera, Executive Vice President and Head of Product Division, Kia Motors Corporation, said,
"It is a great honour for us to see the Soul EV named the World Urban Car 2020. This is one of the hardest-fought competitions in the global automotive industry, proving that the Soul EV is a truly outstanding vehicle for drivers in towns and cities."
The World Urban Car award was introduced back in 2017 with BMW i3 taking the victory that year. The following year, the award was won by new-generation Volkswagen Polo in 2018. The Suzuki Jimny won the World Urban Car last year.
According to the Jury panel, the contenders for World Urban Car should have the following characteristics: the car should be easy to manoeuvre in large towns and cities with limited road/parking space.
The ease of use has attracted buyers to the compact crossover SUV segment offering value, performance, practicality and environmentally friendly for day-to-day use. These are the logical, affordable, real-world automotive products for the motoring masses.
The Jury who voted to decide the winner for World Urban Car 2020 included 86 prominent automotive journalists from 24 countries around the world. Each juror was appointed by the World Car Steering Committee based on his or her expertise, experience, credibility, and influence.
Taking about the Kia Soul EV, it features sleek-looking LED headlamps with integrated DRLs. At the rear the c-shaped tail lamps have merged with a light bar running at top of the boot-lid, giving the crossover compact electric-SUV a modern look.
On the inside, the Soul EV features 10.25 touchscreen infotainment system, fully digital OLED display for the instrument console, wireless charging, ventilated seats, and ambient lights; among others.
The Kia Soul EV is offered in two variants in the international markets. It features a maximum claimed driving range of 452km on a single charge. The 170kW electric motor coupled to a 180kWh Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery produces a maximum power of 201bhp and 395Nm of torque. The Kia Soul EV features top-notch safety equipment as well.
In related news, Kia Telluride has won the '2020 World Car of the Year' award. The Korean auto manufacturer has bagged two highly coveted prestigious awards in a single year — here are more details.
Thoughts About The 2020 World Urban Car Of The Year: Kia Soul EV
The Kia Soul EV offers unmatched performance, driving range and practicality by being a crossover compact-SUV. The Soul EV has also scored maximum points for being environmentally friendly over its rivals in the category.