- 13 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 14 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- 16 hrs ago MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen On June 1: Will Be Introduced In Six New Cities
- 18 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV: Expected Launch Date, Prices, Specs, Features & Rivals Explained
- Technology Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8, Redmi 8A Dual Receive Price Hike In India
- Finance Motilal Oswal Sets 46% Upside Target On Shares Of Coal India
- Lifestyle Ganga Dussehra 2020: Here’s The Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- News Elon Musk's SpaceX rocket ship blasts off into orbit with 2 Americans
- Sports Bayern Munich 5-0 Fortuna Dusseldorf: Champions move 10 points clear
- Movies Soorarai Pottru Will Release In Theaters, Confirms Suriya!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Porsche Taycan has won the '2020 World Performance Car of the Year' award. The Porsche Taycan beat the Porsche 718 and the 911 to take the top honours. This is the sixth time a Porsche has taken the win in the Performance car category.
The ‘performance car of the year' category saw a total of 13 contenders from around the world. This included the likes of the Toyota GR Supra, BMW M8, Porsche 718 Cayman GT4, Porsche Taycan and the Porsche 911; among others.
According to the eligibility criteria, all contenders in the list must be overtly performance-oriented, have a production volume of at least 2000 units per year and be on sale in a minimum of two continents.
Oliver Blume, Chairman of the Executive Board, Porsche AG, said,
"The all-electric Porsche Taycan was designed to be a genuine Porsche, with exceptional performance made to put a smile on the driver's face, true to our brand. We are proud and honoured that the international jury of World Car Awards believes we have succeeded."
The winner was selected by a group of 86 jurors from over 24 countries across the world. After a long screening process and the test drives in Los Angeles, USA, the top-three finalists were announced on 3rd March 2020.
Porsche cars have won the performance category 5 times previously. This includes 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2017.
Talking about the Porsche Taycan itself, it is the first all-electric car from the German brand. The Taycan comes with high-voltage lithium-ion batteries and an 800-volt charger.
This allows the Porsche Taycan to push out 600bhp of power from its two electric motors while offering a maximum range of 500km, which is equally impressive. The Porsche Taycan also comes with fast-charging technology, which offers 400km of range in just 15 mins.
Thoughts On The Porsche Taycan Winning The ‘2020 World Performance Car Of The Year' Award
The Porsche Taycan offers exceptional-levels of performance from its electric powertrain. The Taycan takes on rivals such as the Tesla in the international markets. The electric sedan from Porsche is expected to make its way to the Indian market in late-2020 or early-2021.