- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 3 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 5 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- Finance Pre-Budget 2021 Survey Reveals India Inc Is Optimistic
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- Sports SAI takes steps to ensure no drop in intensity of athletes returning to training
- News US talk show host Larry King dies weeks after testing Covid positive
- Lifestyle Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Porsche has announced that the company's electric supercar offering, the Taycan has created a new world record for 'the longest drift in an electric vehicle. The Porsche Taycan supercar has now entered its name in the Guinness book of world records for holding a drift for 55 minutes while covering a total distance of 42.171 kilometres.
The World Record attempt was done at their Porsche Experience Centre in Hockenheimring, Germany. The driver chosen for the record attempt was Porsche Instructor, Dennis Retera who completed 210 laps on the 200-metre watered circular track; without the front wheels ever pointing at the same direction as the curve.
The Drift record was done using the rear-wheel driver version of the Porsche Taycan, currently on sale in the Chinese market. As per the official reports, Retera held the drift for 210 laps with an average speed of 46km/h.
Talking about the car, Dennis Retera stated,
"When the driving stability programmes are switched off, a powerslide with the electric Porsche (Taycan) is extremely easy, especially of course with this model variant, which is driven exclusively via the rear wheels."
"Sufficient power is always available. The low centre of gravity and the long-wheelbase ensure stability. The precise design of the chassis and steering allows for perfect control at all times, even when moving sideways."
Talking about the main record attempt itself, Retera mentioned,
"Nevertheless, it was also very tiring for me to keep my concentration high for 210 laps, especially as the irrigated asphalt of the drift circuit does not provide the same grip everywhere. I concentrated on controlling the drift with the steering - this is more efficient than using the accelerator pedal and reduces the risk of spinning."
The Porsche Taycan is the first and proper fully-electric supercar offering from the German brand. The Taycan is an extremely capable electric supercar, which although doesn't provide the same range as a Tesla, it makes up for it on performance and handling. The Taycan combines the excellent handling and driving dynamics Porsche is known for, with the modern EV technology.
Thoughts On The Porsche Taycan World Drifting Record Holder
The Porsche Taycan is an extremely capable and performance-oriented electric supercar offering. The world drift record is no easy feat and the fact that an electric vehicle now holds the record is something unique and special.