- 11 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 & Burgman Street BS6 Scooters Prices Hiked: Here Is The New Price List
- 11 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 88.80 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago BMW Motorrad Dealerships Reopens: Resumes Retail Operations After Lockdown Eased
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Creta Sales Beats Maruti Suzuki For The First Time: New Best-Selling Car In May 2020
- Finance SBI, ICICI Bank Cut Interest Rate On Bank Savings Account
- Technology Buying Guide: Best Budget Smartphones Available In India In June 2020
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor And Athiya Shetty Express Fury Over Killing Of Pregnant Elephant With Firecrackers
- News Cyclone Nisarga: Mumbai on alert; 110 KPH winds, 6 feet waves expected
- Sports Root could miss first Test of behind-closed-doors Windies series
- Lifestyle Are There Any Harmful Effects Of Staying Indoors On Your Skin?
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Kia Telluride has won the '2020 World Car of the Year' award. This is the first time the South Korean carmaker has won the prestigious award. The luxury SUV beat the Mazda 3 and Mazda CX-30 in the final round to take the top honours.
The screening process to select the World Car of the Year began at the 2019 New York Motor Show. The Kia Telluride was selected as the winner from a list of 29 nominations by a total of 86 jurors from all around the world.
After the long screening process, all the jurors then headed to Los Angeles, USA to test drive each of the nominations, before the final votes were counted in. The finalists for the 2020 World Car of the year awards were announced in February at the Auto Expo in Delhi, with the top-three cars revealed last month.
Talking about the Kia Telluride, it is the company's first-ever full-size SUV offering. It comes with a boxy design, with sharp edges and some uniquely styled elements as well. The Telluride also features a wide tiger-nose grille, rectangular LED headlamps with orange LED DRLs and vertically-stacked LED taillamps.
Internationally, the Kia Telluride comes with a single petrol engine offering. This is in the form of a 3.8-litre V6 GDi petrol unit producing 285bhp and 355Nm of peak torque, paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Kia currently has no plans of introducing the Telluride in the Indian market, although there seems to be a growing interest for the luxury SUV in the country.
If brought to the Indian market, the Kia Telluride could take on the likes of the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Mahindra Alturas G4. However, the luxury SUV would be priced at a slight premium compared to any of its Indian rivals.
Apart from the Telluride, the Korean manufacturer also won the ‘2020 World Urban Car of the Year' Award with the Kia Soul EV. The Kia Soul EV was selected from a list of 8 nominations and underwent a similar screening process as the Telluride.
Thoughts On The Kia Telluride Winning The ‘2020 World Car Of The Year' Award
The Kia Telluride is the company's first-ever full-size SUV offering. It comes with a striking design, with a lot of road presence; combined with powerful performance and feature-packed interiors.