- 47 min ago New Kawasaki Ninja 300 BS6 India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival The TVS Apache RR310
- 1 hr ago Ather 450X Series1 Deliveries To Start Soon In Pune, Hyderabad & Ahemdabad
- 1 hr ago 2021 Audi R8 Panther Edition Unveiled Internationally: A Special Model Limited To Just 30 Units
- 3 hrs ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- Sports Asia Cup 2021: Sri Lanka to host the tournament next year, Pakistan in 2022
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan To Star Opposite Pooja Hegde In Hanu Raghavapudi’s Period Film?
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Flaunts Style In Her Deconstructed Jumpsuit; You’ll Be Surprised To Know The Price!
- Finance How To Transfer Funds From EPF To NPS Tier-1 Account?
- News Is it Karnataka bandh tomorrow?
- Technology Tecno POVA With MediaTek Helio G80 SoC Debuts In India: Price, Specifications
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
The Swedish automaker, Volvo, was evaluating the possible launch its XC40 Recharge electric SUV in the Indian market. The all-electric XC40 Recharge has been successfully received in the international markets.
According to the TeamBHP, the company is expected to launch the XC40 Recharge electric-SUV July 2021. As a result, the company aims to cater to the growing demand for electric SUVs in the country and slowly phase out its combustion-engine-only models.
Speaking about the Volvo XC40 Recharge, it is built on the new Compact Modular Architecture (CMA) platform. The CMA platform is compatible with both combustion engine models and battery-powered vehicles.
The electric SUV looks identical to the standard XC40, however, there are subtle changes made to the electric-SUV. This includes a new white-finished grille at the front with a large Volvo badge and absence of dual-exhaust setup; among others. With a missing engine under the hood, the XC40 Recharge features a small storage space of 31 litres.
The new Volvo XC40 Recharge SUV features two 150 kW electric motors mounted at either axel. Both electric motors are coupled to a 78kWh lithium-ion battery pack together producing 402bhp and 659Nm of peak torque. In comparison, the standard Volvo XC40 produces 187bhp from its 2.0-litre diesel.
However, the battery pack and two electric motors mean that the XC40 Recharge is about 500 kilos heavier than the standard model. Despite the weight, the XC40 Recharge can accelerate from 0 to 100kmph in 4.9 seconds.
The electric motors send power to all four wheels via the electric all-wheel drive set-up. The electric-SUV offers a claimed range of 400 km on a single charge. It also features fast charging from which it can juice up the battery by up to 80 per cent in just 40 minutes.
Once launched, the XC40 Recharge could be assembled in the country as well. If the XC40 Recharge gets assembled in India, it could be priced aggressively when launched in the market. The Volvo XC40 Recharge will rival recently launched Mercedes-Benz EQC, and the upcoming Jaguar I-Pace and the Audi E-Tron in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The Volvo XC40 Recharge Expected India Launch Timeline Revealed
Volvo aims to cater to the growing demand for electric SUVs in the country and slowly phase out its combustion-engine-only models. As a result, the company seems to have fast-tracked the Indian launch of the XC40 Recharge to rival the newly launched and upcoming luxury electric-SUV in the country.