- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Sports India vs England: Never seen cricket ball turn like that: Ben Foakes on the last two Test matches
- News PM, Shah should ask officials to cooperate in probe: Uddhav Thackeray
- Movies Rana Daggubati Reveals Another Poster Of Haathi Mere Saathi; The Trailer To Release On March 4
- Education AISSEE Result 2021: NTA To Release Sainik School Entrance Exam Result 2021 Anytime Soon
- Technology iQOO 3 Receives Price Cut, Now Starts At Rs. 24,990
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Volvo was evaluating the possible launch of the XC40 Recharge electric SUV in the Indian market. The company aims to cater to the growing demand for electric SUVs in the country and slowly phase out its combustion-engine-only models.
According to the recent reports from Autocar India, the Swedish auto manufacturer is expected to launch the XC40 Recharge electric SUV sometime next year. The all-electric XC40 Recharge has been successfully received in the international markets.
It has given a boost to the company's plan for electrification of its vehicles. Back in 2018, the company had announced that it will be launching 4 new electrified vehicles in the next three years in India.
Volvo has committed to improve the environment and support the electrified future by converting its entire line-up of vehicles to feature some form of electrification. The company announced in 2019 that all vehicles launching globally from that year will be electrified, and now India has also been added to that list.
Speaking about the Volvo XC40 Recharge, it is built on the new Compact Modular Architecture (CMA) platform that underpins both combustion engine models and battery-powered vehicles as well. The electric SUV looks identical to the standard XC40, however, there are subtle changes made to the electric-SUV.
This includes a new white-finished grille at the front with a large Volvo badge and absence of dual-exhaust setup; among others. With a missing engine under the hood, the XC40 Recharge features a small storage space of 31 litres at the front.
Moving to the powertrain, the new Volvo XC40 Recharge SUV features two 150 kW electric motors mounted at either axel that is coupled to a 78kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric powertrain produces 402bhp and 659Nm of peak torque. In comparison, the standard Volvo XC40 produces 187bhp from its 2.0-litre diesel.
However, the battery pack and two electric motors mean that the XC40 Recharge is about 500 kilos heavier than the standard model. The XC40 Recharge can accelerate from 0 to 100kmph in 4.9 seconds.
The electric motors send power to all four wheels via the electric all-wheel drive set-up. The electric-SUV offers a claimed range of 400 km on a single charge. It also features fast charging from which it can juice up the battery by up to 80 per cent in just 40 minutes.
Volvo launched its first XC90 plug-in hybrid model back in 2019. The company has already begun assembling the XC90 plug-in hybrid SUV in India at its facility in Bengaluru by the end of 2019.
Once launched, the XC40 Recharge could be assembled in the country as well. If the XC40 Recharge gets assembled in India, it could be priced aggressively when launched in the market.
Thoughts About The Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV Launching In India Next Year
The Volvo XC40 Recharge will be priced higher up the price scale and will be one among many luxury SUVs that are entering the Indian market soon. The Recharge electric SUV comes equipped with a host of features offering a fresh and premium cabin feel.