- 59 min ago Hyundai Venue To Be Offered With iMT Clutchless Manual Transmission In India
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago All-New 2020 Fifth-Generation Honda City To Launch On July 15 In India
- 2 hrs ago Renault Kiger Snapped Testing Once Again Before Its India Launch
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan On What Kind Of Project Will Make Him And Aishwarya Rai Reunite On Screen
- News Let us code for Aatmanirbhar Bharat, PM Modi says in push for home grown apps
- Sports Aavishkar Salvi named head coach of Puducherry cricket team
- Finance IT Dept Makes Changes To Challan For Non-Resident E-Commerce Companies
- Technology iQOO Z1x 5G Set To Debut On July 9: Another Mid-Range Gaming Handset?
- Lifestyle 7 Interesting Things That May Happen On The Next Day Of Your Marriage
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Volkswagen has confirmed that the new five-seater Tiguan will be launched in the Indian market either sometime during this year or early-2021. The launch plan for the upcoming SUV might be affected due to the on-going Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
According to Autocar India, the five-seater Tiguan will return to the Indian market. The upcoming Tiguan will be a facelift model that will feature a host of changes as compared to the previous-gen version. VW plans to locally assemble the new Tiguan, which will reduce import taxes and offer it to Indian customers at a more affordable price.
The German auto manufacturer launched the seven-seater Tiguan Allspace 2.0 TSI in India, which replaced the regular 5-seater model. The smaller Tiguan came powered by only a 2.0 TDI diesel engine. The company is phasing out all its diesel models because of the introduction to BS6 emission norms.
As a result, the upcoming 2020 Tiguan will be sold as a petrol only model and will come powered by a 1.5 TSI turbo-petrol engine. It will produce 148bhp and 250Nm of torque, and is expected to come mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch ‘DSG' automatic transmission. It could also come equipped with paddle shifters. The company is expected to launch the 2020 Tiguan with a 48V hybrid system, and a coast function, which will result in increased fuel-efficiency.
The facelifted five-seater Tiguan will feature a new front and rear design as well. This includes a redesigned grille that merges with the headlight cluster, and will look similar to that on the new VW Golf 8. The redesigned LED headlamps will feature a unique three-dimensional effect. Other design changes are expected to the exterior of the SUV as well.
Inside, it will feature a larger touchscreen that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology with voice recognition. Other changes include a digital cockpit or digital instrument cluster, and updated interior trims to provide a premium feel of the cabin.
At the time of launch, the company is expected to launch the Tiguan as a front-wheel drive variant to keep the cost down. The facelifted 5-seater Tiguan will likely be assembled at the company's Chakan facility in Pune.
The Volkswagen Tiguan has become the brand's global bestseller with over 9,00,000 units sold in 2019, overtaking the iconic Golf hatchback. With the upcoming Tiguan facelift model, we expect the SUV to fare well in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Tiguan Five Seater Model To Relaunch Soon In India
New Volkswagen Tiguan is expected to come equipped with best-in-class features, performance and quality. With the upcoming SUV locally-assembled in the country, we expect Volkswagen to price the new Tiguan aggressively.