- 15 min ago Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Diesel Powertrain Discontinued In India: Unlisted From Company Website
- 2 hrs ago Images Of The Third Generation Hyundai i20 Leaked — All You Need To Know
- 4 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
- 6 hrs ago Hero Passion Pro BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,990
- Sports Khelo India University Games: Maharshi Dayanand University confident of clinching gold in kabaddi
- Lifestyle Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And It's Health Benefits
- Movies Trance: The Official Trailer Of The Fahadh Faasil Starrer Is Impressive And Intriguing
- News Maha Shivratri 2020: Why auspicious for women; date, mahurat
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.4 Render, Key Specs Surface
- Finance 5 Reasons Why Indians Are Increasingly Choosing Gold ETFs For Investment
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
Volkswagen has unveiled its new Taigun SUV, just days before the Auto Expo 2020. The new Volkswagen Taigun SUV broke cover recently, ahead of its public debut at the Auto Expo, held between the 7th to 12th of February 2020.
The new Volkswagen Taigun is based on the brand's new MQB AO IN platform; developed specifically for the Indian market. The Taigun is a near-production ready version of the SUV, which is scheduled to go on sale in the Indian market sometime later this year.
The Volkswagen Taigun is already available in the international markets as the T-Cross. However, the India-spec Taigun comes with larger dimensions, including an increased length, wheelbase and ground clearance. Compared to the European-spec T-Cross, the Volkswagen Taigun comes with a 100mm longer wheelbase while having a ground clearance of 205mm.
The increased length and wheelbase on the Volkswagen Taigun translate to more space in the cabin; both for front and rear passengers. We can also expect a slightly larger boot capacity, with the option of a 60:40 rear seat split for extended luggage space.
Apart from the dimensions, Volkswagen has also tweaked the design of the Taigun SUV for the Indian market. The new Taigun mid-size SUV comes with a more angular look, with sleek LED projector headlamps, with integrated LED DRLs, LED taillights at the rear, with a LED light beam running across the width of the boot.
Inside as well, the feature-laden SUV will come with a host of equipment. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system, digital instrument cluster, dual-zone climate control, multi-function steering wheel; among a host of others.
Volkswagen has also understood India's obsession with chrome; as the new Taigun comes loaded with chrome accents all around, including the front grille, fog lamps and other surrounds as well.
The Volkswagen Taigun will be one of the first products to be introduced in India; as part of the brand's ‘India 2.0' project. All future SUVs from the brand will also be based on the MQB A0 IN platform, including the SUV offerings from Skoda as well.
Once launched, the Taigun will also be the first product from the brand to enter the mid-size SUV segment; something which is currently on very high demand and competition. Volkswagen is expected to offer the Taigun with 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 130bhp of maximum power output.
Apart from the introduction of a range of new vehicles, Volkswagen is also working on expanding its footprint and presence in the Indian market. The company will introduce a number of new touchpoints, sales and service centres all across India in the near future.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen Taigun SUV
The Volkswagen Taigun SUV has made its debut in the Indian market, just days ahead of the Auto Expo 2020. The Taigun is the brand's first attempt in the highly-competitive mid-size SUV segment in the country.
Once launched in India, the Volkswagen Taigun will be priced similar to its competition, such as the Kia Seltos, new Hyundai Creta and the Tata Harrier.