- 4 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 5 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 7 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 9 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 1 Elimination: Lekshmi Jayan Is Evicted From The Mohanlal Show
- News Rule on blocking contents not new, been around since 2009: Govt defends India’s new digital media rules
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Technology How To Search Vodafone Idea Tariff Plans By Region
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Volkswagen will be launching a new model called the Taigun in the Indian market. The company has teased the upcoming SUV via teaser video released on its official social media handle. The teaser video showcases the Taigun's various styling and design elements. It also reveals the launch timeline of the Taigun, which will be sometime in the middle of next year.
The upcoming Volkswagen Taigun was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo along with other SUV models. The company has confirmed that the Taigun will arrive at the Indian market as a two-wheel drive version only.
The company has also confirmed that the Taigun will be powered by a TSI turbo-petrol engine. However, it is still unclear that it will be a 1.0-litre unit of the 1.5-litre unit as seen on the T-Roc model.
The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine produces a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 240Nm at 1500rpm.
Volkswagen has also confirmed that it will be offering a DSG automatic transmission as an option. However, if the Taigun get introduced with the larger 1.5-litre engine, it could be offered with a DSG as standard.
The Taigun will be built on an all-new platform that is specifically tailor-made to suit the buyers in the Indian market. It will be a modified version of the brand's famous MQB platform developed jointly by Skoda & Volkswagen.
The exteriors of the Taigun features LED projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, a rear LED tail-lamp with a light bar across the boot-lid, faux scuff plates at either end and a chrome-finished grille.
On the inside, the Taigun will feature matching exterior-colour trims placed across the cabin. It will also feature a fully-digital instrument console, a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, large touchscreen infotainment system, and fast-charging USB slots; among others.
The upcoming SUV is expected to come packed with safety features such as dual SRS airbags, traction control, and ABS with EBD; among others. The Taigun could also feature a blind-spot monitoring system along with a 360-degree camera for enhanced safety.
Once launched the Volkswagen Taigun will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, and Nissan Kicks; among others. The Taigun's competition will become more fierce as it will be having a rival coming from Skoda using same platform engine and other components.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun Teaser Released Ahead Of India Launch
The Volkswagen Taigun could be the brand's entry-level SUV offering in the Indian market. The company could offer the SUV in two engine and transmission options as well. Pricing of the Taigun will be the key factor to its success in the Indian market as it will be placed in the highly-competitive mid-size SUV segment.