- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 10 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Volkswagen India has updated their official Indian website, now adding the all-new Taigun SUV to their lineup. The new Volkswagen Taigun SUV will be the brand's next model for the Indian market, first showcased earlier this year at the 2020 Auto Expo.
The new Volkswagen Taigun will be part of the brand's MQB A0 IN platform, which features a heavily localised architecture, allowing the German car giant to keep production costs for the SUV in check.
Volkswagen updating their official Indian website, does indicate that the launch of the SUV could take place sometime soon. Although an exact timeline for the launch hasn't been announced, the SUV is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime during mid-2021. The website also doesn't mention any timeline, showcasing just the rear three-quarters of the SUV.
In terms of design, the new Volkswagen Taigun is said to feature LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, front grille with two horizontal-slats finished in chrome, 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, LED tail lights connected by an LED strip, roof-mounted spoiler with a stop lamp, silver-finished roof rails, electric sunroof, silver elements on the bumpers and faux skid plates at both the front and rear.
Interiors of the Volkswagen Taigun will also come packed with a host of features and equipment, along with connected tech. The SUV will feature a large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, fully-digital instrument cluster, steering-mounted controls, wireless charging, sporty all-black cabin with soft-touch material all around and a host of other equipment as well.
The new Volkswagen Tiguan will continue to be powered by the brand's TSI range of petrol engines, which power other models as well. We expect the Tiguan SUV could come powered by the 1.5-litre TSI petrol unit, mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission unit.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen Taigun SUV
The Volkswagen Taigun will be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment and will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Nissan Kicks Turbo and the likes. It will be interesting to see how the Tiguan will be priced in the Indian market.