- 3 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 19 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 20 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 22 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- Sports India vs England: BCCI mulling to allow fans at Motera Stadium during T20I series, hints board official
- News National Girl Child Day 2021: PM Modi hails accomplishments of nation's daughters in various fields
- Movies 'Dulha' Varun Dhawan Chills With His Squad In Alibaug At His Wedding Festivities
- Lifestyle Drashti Dhami’s Bold Make-Up Look Highlighted By Dramatic Eyes And Reflected Lips Will Leave You Jaw Drop!
- Technology BSNL Republic Day Offer 2021: Extends Validity Of Rs. 1,999 And Rs. 2,399 Long Term Plans
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Volkswagen India asked its fans to post questions about the upcoming Taigun SUV in the market. The company received many entries asking various details about the upcoming mid-size SUV in the Indian market.
Volkswagen answered the questions about the Taigun and revealed several details about the SUV. The upcoming Volkswagen Taigun was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo along with three other SUVs that will be launched in India over the next few years.
In one of the questions, the company has confirmed that the Taigun model showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo was near to production prototype model. The actual production model will be slightly different in design.
The Volkswagen Tiguan is slated to launch in India sometime during mid-2021. The Taigun will be built on the new MQB A0 IN platform, which has been specifically developed for the Indian market.
The exteriors of the Taigun features LED projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, a rear LED tail-lamp with a light bar across the boot-lid, faux scuff plates at either end and a chrome-finished grille.
On the inside, the Taigun will feature matching exterior-colour trims placed across the cabin. It will also feature a fully-digital instrument console, a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, large touchscreen infotainment system, and fast-charging USB slots; among others.
The Taigun is also expected to come packed with safety features such as dual SRS airbags, traction control, and ABS with EBD; among others. However, the company could also equip the Taigun with a blind-spot monitoring system along with a 360-degree camera for enhanced safety.
The company has confirmed that the Taigun will be powered by a TSI turbo-petrol engine. However, it is still unclear that it will be a 1.0-litre unit of the 1.5-litre unit as seen on the T-Roc model. Volkswagen has also confirmed that it will be offering a DSG automatic transmission options. It is also likely to be offered with a six-speed manual as well.
Once launched the Volkswagen Taigun will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, and Nissan Kicks; among others. However, the Taigun will have a direct competitor in the form of a Skoda SUV, that will be spawned using the same platform.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Answering Taigun Question From Indian Fans
Volkswagen is looking to keep the buzz going for its Taigun SUV launching next year in the Indian market. Once launched, the Volkswagen Taigun will be placed between the Vento and the T-Roc SUV in the Indian market. The upcoming SUV will be filling the gap between both models in the brand's Indian line-up.