- 15 hrs ago Hyundai AX1 Micro SUV Revealed: Design, Engine Specs & Other Details
- 16 hrs ago Volvo India Price Hike: Volvo XC40, XC60, XC90 Prices Hiked By Upto Rs 2 Lakh
- 17 hrs ago New Skoda Fabia Unveiled: Gets A Fresh Design, New Engine Options & Features
- 19 hrs ago Royal Enfield Thunderbird Modified Into Harley Davidson CVO: Here Are The Pictures!
- Movies Imlie's Faisal Sayed Tests Positive For COVID-19; Says In Spite Of Taking All Precautions He Got Infected
- Sports IPL-based New Zealand Test players to fly to UK on May 11
- Technology Microsoft Surface Laptop Go Review: Worth The Money?
- News Out of Control Chinese rocket to crash into earth: Find out where
- Education RBI Office Attendant Result 2021 Expected Today, Check Result Date
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Slays In A Blue Gown While Alaya F Dazzles In INR 4.5K Black Dress, Who Looks More Stunning?
- Finance Axis Bank Revises Interest Rates On FD, Check New Rates Here
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In May
Skoda Auto Volkswagen (SAVW) India has provided a Mobile Health Clinic Van to the Karanjvihire Primary Healthcare Centre (PHC) in Pune. The medical clinic van will provide health care to around 12 villages.
These villages include the ones that are located around the surrounding of the company's plant in Pune. Gurpratap Boparai, Managing Director, Skoda Auto Volkswagen India, has handed over the Mobile Health Clinic Van to Khed Taluka medical officials at the company's corporate headquarter in Pune.
The van has been provided to the medical institute for a period of six months, as a temporary replacement to the 15-year-old ambulance that is currently being used by the hospital. The Mobile Health Clinic Van will be exclusively used to transport pregnant women to hospitals in a clean, safe and sanitised environment.
In addition to this, Skoda Auto Volkswagen has also donated medicines and essential medical equipment worth Rs 14 lakhs to the Mahalunge care centre in Pune. The facility is currently being used to treat Covid-19 patients.
Gurpratap Boparai, Managing Director, Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd said, "At Skoda Auto Volkswagen India, we are strongly committed towards our community and its well-being. We are humbled to be a part of such humanitarian initiatives and contribute to society. As defined in our community charter, we will continue to support healthcare as one of the key pillars of our CSR initiatives."
Skoda Volkswagen group have been an active participant in helping the government to tackle the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The company announced a financial aid of Rs 1 Crore to Pune-based Sassoon General Hospital to help set up a dedicated facility for Covid-19 patients.
The donation made by the company was also used to procure medicines, (PPEs) Personal Protective Equipments and other medical devices needed to treat the patients. They have been producing face masks at their facility in Chakan, which were distributed to healthcare professionals.
Thoughts About Volkswagen & Skoda Auto Providing Mobile Clinic Van To Help Villages
Automotive companies have really come forward in helping the government to control the spread of Covid-19 virus. Skoda & Volkswagen group has donated PPEs, provided financial aid and other support to help treat patients affected by the deadly virus. Company's employees in Aurangabad facility raised over Rs 1.2 Crore to help during these unprecedented times by donating their day's salary as well.