- 1 hr ago Kia Sonet Variants, Dimensions & Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 4 hrs ago Detel Easy Electric Moped Launched In India: Priced At Rs 19,999
- 5 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Production Ready Model Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Independence Day: Here Are The Top-Five Famous ‘Made-In-India’ Cars Till Date
- Finance RBI Board Gives Nod To Transfer Rs 57,128 Crore Dividend To Centre
- Technology OnePlus Nord Next Sale Date Announced; To Be Available Via Amazon Next Week
- News ‘Nation is indebted to corona warriors’: President Kovind on I-Day eve
- Lifestyle Masaba Masaba: The Engaging Trailer Gives A Peek Into The Success And Struggles Of Masaba Gupta
- Movies Asha Negi Dons A Completely New Avatar For Abhay 2!
- Sports WWE SummerSlam 2020: A glimpse at 10 glorious moments from the decade
- Education Independence Day Q And A: Test Your Knowledge On The Indian Independence Struggle
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
Skoda Auto Volkswagen (SAVW) India has provided a Mobile Health Clinic Van to the Karanjvihire Primary Healthcare Centre (PHC) in Pune. The medical clinic van will provide health care to around 12 villages.
These villages include the ones that are located around the surrounding of the company's plant in Pune. Gurpratap Boparai, Managing Director, Skoda Auto Volkswagen India, has handed over the Mobile Health Clinic Van to Khed Taluka medical officials at the company's corporate headquarter in Pune.
The van has been provided to the medical institute for a period of six months, as a temporary replacement to the 15-year-old ambulance that is currently being used by the hospital. The Mobile Health Clinic Van will be exclusively used to transport pregnant women to hospitals in a clean, safe and sanitised environment.
In addition to this, Skoda Auto Volkswagen has also donated medicines and essential medical equipment worth Rs 14 lakhs to the Mahalunge care centre in Pune. The facility is currently being used to treat Covid-19 patients.
Gurpratap Boparai, Managing Director, Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd said, "At Skoda Auto Volkswagen India, we are strongly committed towards our community and its well-being. We are humbled to be a part of such humanitarian initiatives and contribute to society. As defined in our community charter, we will continue to support healthcare as one of the key pillars of our CSR initiatives."
Skoda Volkswagen group have been an active participant in helping the government to tackle the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The company announced a financial aid of Rs 1 Crore to Pune-based Sassoon General Hospital to help set up a dedicated facility for Covid-19 patients.
The donation made by the company was also used to procure medicines, (PPEs) Personal Protective Equipments and other medical devices needed to treat the patients. They have been producing face masks at their facility in Chakan, which were distributed to healthcare professionals.
Thoughts About Volkswagen & Skoda Auto Providing Mobile Clinic Van To Help Villages
Automotive companies have really come forward in helping the government to control the spread of Covid-19 virus. Skoda & Volkswagen group has donated PPEs, provided financial aid and other support to help treat patients affected by the deadly virus. Company's employees in Aurangabad facility raised over Rs 1.2 Crore to help during these unprecedented times by donating their day's salary as well.