- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 10 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Volkswagen Motorsport India will be conducting its 2020 racing season in India, virtually due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Organizers have announced the line-up for the inaugural Volkswagen Virtual Racing Championship with 28 participants onboard for the calendar.
The organizers of the virtual racing event have also stated strict safety protocols while replicating virtually, the on-ground experience of the ‘one-make series'. The VW-VRC will offer a unique experience to all the participants to hone their racing skills and compete in the championship at the comfort of their homes, via simulators.
The first round of the inaugural VW-VRC will be held on 21st November 2020. The opening season of the Volkswagen Virtual Racing Championship consists of 5 rounds with 2 races per round. 28 participants will fight to take the top spot to receive sponsorship by Volkswagen Motorsport India (VMI), to compete in the upcoming Volkswagen Polo Championship 2021.
Individual rounds will further consist of three practice sessions, one qualifying session and two races. The grid for the first race will be formed the basis of the qualifying session. However, the grid for the second race, the top 12 contenders finishing in the first race will be reversed for the start of the second race. Also, the format for a points system for the VW-VRC will remain as the real-world Polo Championship.
Volkswagen Motorsport India aims to keep the motorsport momentum moving, by recreating the thrill of a track experience in the Virtual Racing Championship. With this initiative, VMI intends to provide a platform for all the racing enthusiasts, by spotting and nurturing young talents and further accentuating their racing career.
To make it a fair platform, VMI is making sure participants have access to data from the game to help them analyze and improve their driving skills. It also aims to safeguard the interest of all the participants and their teams by following all the safety precautions.
Additionally, VMI has announced that it will take strict actions against the participants who show unsportsmanlike behaviour by breaking the rules or disregard the safety protocols during the length of the championship.
Commenting on the occasion, Sirish Vissa, Head of Volkswagen Motorsport India said, "We would like to congratulate all the 28 participants and wish them luck for the championship. The VW-VRC is our responsible prospect to touch base with scores of motorsport followers from across the world. Bringing the virtual racing format for the first time in India, we are confident that the championship will receive the same positive response as our track competition."
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Racing Championship Going Virtual In India Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
Like most motorsports events, the Indian racing calendar has also taken a hit due to the pandemic with most events getting cancelled or postponed. However, this has not stopped organizers from keeping the participants engaged, as they take the event virtual for an inaugural season.