- 8 hrs ago Hero Splendor+ Black & Accent Edition Launched With Personalization Options: Priced At Rs 64,670
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Bookings Cross 15,000 Units Milestone: 57% Of Total Bookings From First-Time Buyers
- 10 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Official Unveil On October 21: Video & Details
- 12 hrs ago Tata Cars Finance Offers & Benefits During Festive Season: Flexible Repayment Options & More
- Movies Karanvir Bohra And Teejay Sidhu Ring In Twins Vienna And Bella's 4th Birthday With A Colourful Party
- News Harsh Vardhan's comments should not be taken as criticism of Kerala's COVID-19 management: CM
- Sports IPL 2020: Jos Buttler happy to get win on the board and bat at number five
- Finance 6 Business Ideas For Small Towns, Villages In India
- Lifestyle World Osteoporosis Day 2020: What Foods Are Bad For Osteoporosis
- Technology Realme Narzo 20A Review: Affordable Price, Big Battery Saves The Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In November
- Education DU SOL Admission 2020 For Undergraduate Courses Begins, Check Details
Volkswagen has introduced the BS6-compliant Polo and Vento with automatic transmission units. The new automatic transmission unit is offered on the Polo GT TSI and Vento Highline Plus variants and are priced at Rs 9.67 lakh and Rs 12.99 lakh, respectively. Both prices are introductory and ex-showroom (Delhi).
Volkswagen introduced the BS6-compliant Polo and Vento models in the Indian market back in March 2020. With the BS6 update, the German carmaker discontinued the diesel unit altogether, while the old petrol units were replaced by a single 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine.
The new 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine powering both the Vento and the Polo produces 110bhp and 170Nm of torque. The two models initially were available with a single manual transmission option. However, the top-spec trims of both the cars now come with an automatic gearbox, in the form of a six-speed torque-converter unit.
The company also claimed that the AT trims of both the Polo GT and Vento Highline Plus return incredible mileage figures. This translates to an ARAI-certified figure of 16.47km/l from the Polo GT and 16.35km/l from the Vento.
Volkswagen also confirmed that bookings for the Polo GT TSI AT and Vento Highline Plus AT have now begun. Customers can book either of the cars either online through the company website or by visiting any of the dealerships across India. Deliveries for the same, however, will begin from the 15th of September 2020.
Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said,
"At Volkswagen, our brand philosophy is to be a premium accessible car manufacturer in India. With that intention, we are launching our automatic variant on the BS6 Polo & Vento. That will continue to offer customers the performance & enhanced fun-to-drive experience, resonating with its maximum power and minimum consumption ideology. With the introduction of the automatic variant, we are making our carlines more accessible for the Indian customers."
He further added, "The smooth gearshift makes it perfect for the Indian driving conditions. The AT transmission also reduces the overall maintenance cost and positively enhances our total cost of ownership (TCO) experience."
Thoughts On The Volkswagen Polo & Vento Automatic Transmission Introduction
The Volkswagen Polo and Vento are popular offerings from the German carmaker in the Indian market. Both cars come packed with features, equipment and incredible build quality as well. The introduction of the automatic transmission on the Polo and Vento will definitely help make it even more attractive for customers in the country.