- 1 hr ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 19 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 21 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- News Aviation sector workers be vaccinated on priority after health workers: MoCA to MoHFW
- Sports England spinners need to be patient, Leach's accuracy key to success in India: Swann
- Lifestyle Drashti Dhami’s Bold Make-Up Look Highlighted By Dramatic Eyes And Reflected Lips Will Leave You Jaw Drop!
- Technology BSNL Republic Day Offer 2021: Extends Validity Of Rs. 1,999 And Rs. 2,399 Long Term Plans
- Movies Krack Day 14 Box Office Collection: Ravi Teja Starrer Emerges As A Blockbuster
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
The Volkswagen Passat facelift model has been spotted testing ahead of its launch in the Indian market. The company is expected to launch the facelifted Passat with a new powertrain sometime this year.
Spy image from Overdrive, reveal a test-mule in its production-ready guise and the changes made to the exteriors of the upcoming sedan. The 2020 Passat has been spotted testing several times earlier during its testing phase and has revealed many changes made to the facelifted model.
The new VW Passat will feature subtle changes made to the exterior and interior of the sedan. At the front, It will feature redesigned front bumper, grille, and the LED Matrix headlamps. It also features a new tail lamp cluster, a redesigned Passat logo that is spread across the width of the boot, and 17-inch alloy wheels; among others. The new Passat features a sharp and aggressive look as compared to its BS4 counterpart.
The interiors of the new Passat is expected to feature a fully digital instrument console with the brand's virtual cockpit design, and an updated infotainment system that supports smartphone connectivity and the brand's latest connected technology. In addition to this, it will continue to feature climate control, a panoramic sunroof, updated leather upholstery, power-operated seats and ventilated seats, a multi-function steering wheel and cruise control; among others.
However, the biggest change on the facelifted Passat will be made under the Bonnet. It is expected to come powered by the same 2.0-litre petrol engine that currently powers the new Skoda Superb. It produces 190bhp and a peak torque of 320Nm, and comes paired to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission as standard.
Comparing it to the 2.0-litre TDI engine on BS4 model, it produced 174bhp and 350Nm of torque and came mated to a six-speed DSG gearbox. The TSI petrol engine is 16bhp more powerful, but produces 30Nm less torque as compared to the diesel engine. However, there are reports suggesting that VW has not ruled out an optional BS6 diesel powertrain which could be offered at a later date.
Safety features on the new VW Passat are expected to come equipped with a couple of driver assistance systems such as the forward-collision warning, autonomous emergency braking, a pedestrian monitoring system, and lane-keeping assist; among others. Other standard safety features include multiple airbags, ABS with EBD and more.
Once launched, the Volkswagen Passat will rival the Skoda Superb and the Toyota Camry in the Indian market. The BS4 Passat retailed at a starting price of Rs 29.99 lakh (ex-showroom). Prices for the BS6 model is expected to see an increase because of all the updated made by the company.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Passat Facelift Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch
The Volkswagen Passat is placed in the D-segment sedan market in India. The premium sedans in the segment have seen a drastic drop in demand because of buyers favouring the SUVs and MPVs in the price bracket. The 2020 VW Passat will be the latest entrant into the segment when launched in the country.