- 47 min ago Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Diesel Powertrain Discontinued In India: Unlisted From Company Website
- 2 hrs ago Images Of The Third Generation Hyundai i20 Leaked — All You Need To Know
- 4 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
- 6 hrs ago Hero Passion Pro BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,990
- Technology Lenovo Might Launch Smartphone With Snapdragon 865 Processor
- Sports 100 metres in 9.51 seconds: Now Kambala racer Nishant Shetty breaks Srinivas Gowda's record
- News BJP, Cong spar over 'Tukde Tukde Gang', 'Bharat Mata' in K'taka assembly
- Movies Fans Compare Kiara Advani’s Guilty Trailer To 13 Reason Why!
- Lifestyle Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And It's Health Benefits
- Finance 5 Reasons Why Indians Are Increasingly Choosing Gold ETFs For Investment
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
The all-new 2020 Volkswagen Passat BS6 has been spotted testing again, ahead of its India launch. Spy pics that were taken reveal a Passat BS6 test model sans camouflage.
Spy pics of the upcoming 2020 VW Passat BS6 also reveal minor design changes to the exteriors. The sedan now features a new front bumper, a new grille with horizontal slats, and the IQ Light LED Matrix headlamps.
The Passat BS6 also features a new tail lamp cluster design, a redesigned Passat logo that is spread across the width of the boot. The upcoming Volkswagen sedan also features 17-inch alloy wheels, and the company could offer 18-inch and 19-inch wheels as an optional.
While spy pics taken by Rushlane do not reveal changes made to the interiors, but expectations are that the 2020 Passat BS6 model will feature new upholstery.
In addition, the interiors will feature the latest MIB3 based infotainment, integrated internet connectivity, an all new digital cockpit, and a capacitive steering wheel - a Volkswagen first.
The upcoming 2020 Passat BS6 will also be compatible with select Samsung smartphones that can be used as a mobile key to lock and unlock the car, and can also be used to fire up the engine.
Safety features on the new VW Passat BS6 are expected to include several driver assistance systems, a forward collision warning system, an autonomous emergency braking system, a pedestrian monitoring system, a rear traffic alert system, adaptive cruise control, and lane keeping assist.
The current-generation of BS4 compliant VW Passat sedans feature a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder diesel engine that produces 174bhp of power and 350Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
The Passat BS6 model will feature a 2.0-litre TSI, turbocharged petrol engine that produces 187bhp of power and 320Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to a seven-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission.
The current-generation VW Passat is priced between Rs 25.99 lakh and Rs 33.22 lakh, and we expect the 2020 BS6 complaint models to carry a premium of between Rs 2.5 lakh and Rs 4.5 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom, India.
Thoughts About The 2020 Volkswagen Passat BS6 Spotted Testing
Spy pics of the model that was spotted testing shows faux weights used at all passenger seats. This means the company is almost ready to launch the 2020 Passat BS6. We're happy to hear that the upcoming model is more powerful than the outgoing model, and we cannot wait to test drive the car.