- 35 min ago Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Diesel Powertrain Discontinued In India: Unlisted From Company Website
- 2 hrs ago Images Of The Third Generation Hyundai i20 Leaked — All You Need To Know
- 4 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
- 6 hrs ago Hero Passion Pro BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,990
- Technology Lenovo Might Launch Smartphone With Snapdragon 865 Processor
- Sports 100 metres in 9.51 seconds: Now Kambala racer Nishant Shetty breaks Srinivas Gowda's record
- Movies Fans Compare Kiara Advani’s Guilty Trailer To 13 Reason Why!
- News Ashraf Ghani secures second term as Afghan president
- Lifestyle Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And It's Health Benefits
- Finance 5 Reasons Why Indians Are Increasingly Choosing Gold ETFs For Investment
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
Volkswagen India has announced its product lineup for the upcoming Auto Expo 2020. The German brand will be showcasing four models at the 2020 Auto Expo, all of which will go on sale in the Indian market in the next two years.
Among the four new models, Volkswagen will also be conducting the world premiere of its A0 SUV. The new Volkswagen A0 model will be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment and will be showcased in its near-ready production-spec form at the Auto Expo 2020.
Apart from the Volkswagen A0 SUV, the company will also unveil the India-spec versions of the T-Roc, Tiguan Allspace and ID Cross electric SUV.
The company announced that they have decided to bring in many of the world-class models from its international lineup to the Indian market. This will allow the brand to improve its market share in the Indian market, while also being able to meet the high demand for SUVs in the country.
Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India, said,
"We understand the rapidly changing preferences of our Indian consumers and in-line to the same, we will introduce one of our biggest SUV offensive portfolio for the Indian shores.
Always keeping safety at the forefront, the upcoming carlines will re-define their respective segments, addressing the needs of our discerning Indian consumers. In India, we received tremendous response for our current SUV Volkswagen Tiguan and with our planned portfolio we expect to define it further."
The T-Roc SUV from Volkswagen will be part of the India-specific MQB A0 IN platform; a modified version of the MQB A0 architecture used in international markets.
The same platform will also be used on Skoda models as well, as the two companies recently merged to form a new venture for the Group's ‘India 2.0' project — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen India Stall At The Upcoming 2020 Auto Expo
Volkswagen is planning a major product offensive for the Indian market over the next two years. The company has announced four new models to be showcased at the upcoming Auto Expo, all of which will go on sale in the Indian market by 2021.