- 11 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 & Burgman Street BS6 Scooters Prices Hiked: Here Is The New Price List
- 11 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 88.80 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago BMW Motorrad Dealerships Reopens: Resumes Retail Operations After Lockdown Eased
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Creta Sales Beats Maruti Suzuki For The First Time: New Best-Selling Car In May 2020
- Finance SBI, ICICI Bank Cut Interest Rate On Bank Savings Account
- Technology Buying Guide: Best Budget Smartphones Available In India In June 2020
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor And Athiya Shetty Express Fury Over Killing Of Pregnant Elephant With Firecrackers
- News Cyclone Nisarga: Mumbai on alert; 110 KPH winds, 6 feet waves expected
- Sports Root could miss first Test of behind-closed-doors Windies series
- Lifestyle Are There Any Harmful Effects Of Staying Indoors On Your Skin?
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Volkswagen India has announced an extended warranty scheme, and service packages for its customers. The company is offering these maintenance packages to its customers during the current Coronavirus outbreak In order to make life a whole lot easier.
As is, customers cannot take their cars to the service centre due to the complete lockdown in the country. The company has announced ‘Extended Warranty' and ‘Service Value Packages' to help those customers whose vehicle's warranty and free service period will expire during the lockdown period.
Various schemes and offers have been announced by the company to its customers. Here are all the details:
For VW Customers With Valid Standard Warranty
Customers whose Standard Warranty is due to expire between March 22 and mid-May 2020 can now avail special support up to July 31, 2020. This means that VW customers can get their vehicles repaired as per standard warranty with zero cost added for repairs from the company. The service is being offered to customers as a goodwill gesture.
VW Customers Looking To Purchase Extended Warranty
The company has also announced an optional Extended Warranty package for its customers. VW owners can now purchase an extended warranty package for up to 60 days after their Standard Warranty expires. This will help customers whose Standard Warranty is due to expire between March 22 and April 15, 2020.
For VW Customers With Valid Extended Warranty
Existing VW owners who have extended warranty on their cars which is due to expire between March 22 and April 15, 2020, are also supported by the company. These customers can visit any authorized workshop across the country until May 15, 2020 for any repairs covered under the extended warranty policy.
Service Value Package (SVP) For VW Customers
All VW owners with a valid SVP and whose maintenance is due during between March and April 2020, can continue to avail the services till 31st July 2020, at no extra costs across Volkswagen authorized workshops. Also, the company is offering extended support until July 31, 2020, to customers whose welcome (free) and paid maintenance services are due during the lockdown period.
Speaking about situation, Mr Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India, said,
"Volkswagen is exercising all the necessary measures and precautions to contain the spread of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and have been adhering to all the directions as indicated by the Government of India. We understand this tough situation and would like to ensure peace of mind to our customers with extended service support. We would like to reassure them that their Volkswagen car is safe and all services will be provided as applicable. Together, we will emerge stronger."
Thoughts About The Volkswagen's Extended Warranty And Service Packages Announced During The Covid-19 Outbreak
Volkswagen India is now on the list of companies in the country that have taken various initiatives and announced service packages for its customers. This will certainly be one less worry for VW owners as they self quarantine themselves to fight the deadly virus.