- Sports Liverpool 4-0 Southampton: Jota at the double as rampant Reds sweep Saints aside
- News J&K downgraded to UT from state, like a CM demoting to MLA: Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Education MPSC State Service Main Amit Card 2021 Released, Download MPSC Main Exam 2020 Admit Card On mpsconline.gov.in
- Movies Bigg Boss 5 Telugu Elimination This Week: Ravi Is Evicted From The Show!
- Finance Tomato Prices Will Continue To Remain On The Higher Side: Crisil
- Lifestyle Your Traditional Outfits Sorted Ft. Mahima Makwana, Bhumi Pednekar, And Chitrangda Singh
- Technology Vivo Watch 2 Features, Design Tipped Via Leaked Renders; How’s It Different From Original?
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Bhopal
Volkswagen has launched a new connected car technology called 'My Volkswagen Connect' in the Indian market. Volkswagen models now receive an embedded Sim for the connected technology with enhanced features.
The company is offering the connected technology as a standard fitment in the recently introduced Polo GT TSI and Vento Highline Plus. My Volkswagen Connect sports a simple and easy user interface, that can be accessed by plugging the dongle to the on-board diagnostics (OBD) port of the car.
The software is available for both Android and iOS users. Once installed on the device, My Volkswagen Connect app instantly connects the customer with their vehicle. The app analyses an individual's driving style which includes speed, braking behaviour, coolant temperature, acceleration and RPM.
The app also enables customers to locate the point of interest and also to reach out to customer care or Road Side Assistance, in case of emergencies. Additionally, they can also use the app to scan, upload and store critical vehicular documents or related official documents for a paperless and convenient experience.
Customers can also use the app to set renewal reminders for vehicle insurance and receive ‘over the air' (OTA) software update. The advanced My Volkswagen Connect app is available with 3 years of free subscription and 3 years of warranty.
Commenting on the launch, Mr Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, "At Volkswagen India, we have relentlessly been working towards enhancing and providing our customers with the best of technology and connected solutions. Today, we introduced the upgraded ‘My Volkswagen Connect' app that offers customer convenience and safety at their fingertips. Customers will have access to real-time vehicle analysis and assistance that would make them aware of their vehicle condition, driving patterns and enhance the overall fun-to-drive experience that a Volkswagen stands for."
The Volkswagen connected service also lets you record service history of your car, generate a real-time analysis of its health. The application lets you access to Volkswagen Roadside Assistance services in case of an emergency.
It will also let you find out where the closest fuel stations are on your way. Then keep a log of where it was filled, how many times, and at what cost. The anti-theft alarm system sends a notification straight to your phone anytime someone tows it away.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Connected Car Technology Launched In India
Volkswagen has launched its connected car technology keeping in line with the current market trend. The connected technology offers users a host of options including protecting their car from theft. For the easier implementation of technology, the company is also offering a free subscription period.