- 22 min ago Check This Beautifully Modified Premier Padmini: Read More To Find Out
- 23 min ago BMW Re-Launches 320d In India Starting At Rs 42.10 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- 59 min ago Honda City Outsells Hyundai Verna & Maruti Suzuki Ciaz In July 2020: Detailed Report
- 1 hr ago Tata HBX, Gravitas And Harrier Petrol Spotted Testing Together: Details & Specifications
- News Ram Mandir Bhoomi Pujan: No Electronic devices, bags allowed; security code to ensure single entry
- Movies Lokesh Kanagaraj To Direct Bilingual Film; Who’ll Star In It – Pawan Kalyan, Mahesh Babu Or Jr NTR?
- Technology OnePlus HydrogenOS 11 Launching On August 11; AOD Feature Expected
- Sports Badminton: India handed relatively easy draw in Thomas and Uber Cup Final
- Lifestyle Sanskrit Diwas 2020: Some Lesser Known Facts That Will Make Every Indian Feel Proud
- Finance Spencer's Retail Rights Issue Opens On 4 August: Details Here
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
BMW will become the first carmaker to enable its customers to use the iPhone as a fully digital car key. This was announced at the Apple Worldwide Developer Conference. BMW was the first to integrate an iPod in their vehicles, then the first to offer wireless CarPlay and now it is the first brand to introduce the fully digital car key system.
The Apple car key will be introduced as a new feature on iOS 14 and the first vehicle to support this feature will be the 2021 BMW 5 series. This new feature will enable customers to unlock the vehicle and easily by just a tap. After entering the car, the iPhone should be placed in the smartphone tray and then the vehicle can be switched on by pressing the start button.
This digital key can be set up on the phone through the BMW Smartphone App. Moreover, the owner can share access with up to 5 friends. The app also allows configuring the car settings for young drivers which restricts top speed, horsepower, maximum radio volume and many more. Management of access can be done from inside the car as well as through Apple Wallet and the Digital key is also compatible with the Apple Watch.
BMW announced that the Digital Key for iPhone will be made available in 45 countries. The feature will be available on models like the 1 Series, 2 Series, 3 Series, 4 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 8 Series, X5, X6, X7, X5M, X6M and Z4 if the vehicle has been manufactured post-July 1 this year.
Apple and BMW have been working closely with the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC) to press ahead with the establishment of global standards. The Digital Key specification 2.0 for NFC was released in May 2020 while, on the other hand, the next generation of Digital Key using Ultra-Wideband technology is already in progress.
In other recent BMW news, the company unveiled the 2021 M5 saloon facelift for the global market. The BMW M5 is offered in a range of two variants: Standard and Competition. Both models now come with a host of significant updates compared to its predecessors.
Thoughts About The Digital Car Key For BMW
Through this Digital Car Key system, it will be really convenient for people to head out with their vehicles without getting worried about the keys.