- 58 min ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 16 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- 17 hrs ago MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen On June 1: Will Be Introduced In Six New Cities
- News Pak has intensified terror ops in Valley
- Sports ICC T20 World Cup 2020: Kumar Sangakkara says one option is to cancel it
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Sobhita Dhulipala: Five Times The Diva Left Us Stunned With Her Unconventional Style
- Movies Sarkaru Vaari Paata Is The Official Title Of Mahesh Babu's #SSMB27 With Parasuram!
- Technology Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8, Redmi 8A Dual Receive Price Hike In India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Uber and Flipkart have partnered to deliver everyday essentials at select cities in India. Both companies have partnered to deliver essentials in Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi.
Flipkart, India's leading online marketplace, will use Uber's fleet to carry out deliveries across selected cites in India. The partnership comes during the 21-day lockdown announced due to the COVID-19 pandemic in India.
The alliance between both companies aim to help people who have self quarantined themselves at their homes, and do not have easy access for their daily essential needs. The partnership also aims to support the government's objective of keeping hundreds of millions of Indians at home to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Uber has confirmed that the delivery service will not carry any additional service charge, and all the money earned through these deliveries will be given to drivers. The alliance with Flipkart marks the third such partnership for Uber. They have earlier partnered with BigBasket and Spencer's Retail for our new last-mile delivery service as well.
Prabhjeet Singh, Director-Operations & Head of Cities, Uber India & South Asia, stated, that the company is looking forward to a fruitful partnership with one of India's largest e-commerce company. The partnership will help the company to grow by supporting each other at these tough times while helping the people and the Indian Government.
Rajneesh Kumar, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, Flipkart, stated that the partnership aims to help move essentials from the sellers/vendors associated with the company to customers in the shortest possible time. The company aims to explore all possible options to help the Indian Government at these unprecedented times.
Both companies have confirmed that the officials delivering the essentials are adhering to Government's guidelines and maintain safety and hygiene for containing the spread of COVID-19. All personnel involved in the process are using masks, gloves, sanitisers and safety training provided by the companies.
In related news, Delhi gets its first COVID-19 drive-through sample collection facility. Dr Dang has come up with a drive-through laboratory in New Delhi, — here are more details.
Thoughts About Uber Flipkart Partnering To Deliver Everyday Essentials
With the Flipkart's logistics chain and the Uber's cab fleet, the task of delivering everyday essentials to people under the lockdown should be possible. Being said that the drivers and the others who are working in different areas to complete these tasks need a pat on their back.