- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooters Pan India Launch Delayed Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
- 2 hrs ago Coronavirus Lockdown: Ola Lays Off 1,400 Employees As Part Of Major Downsizing Operation
- 4 hrs ago 2020 Datsun RediGO Facelift Variants, Features & Other Details Revealed: Unofficial Bookings Begin
- 5 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooters With Smart Connectivity To Be Introduced In India: Acquires Etergo BV
- Technology OnePlus 8 Series Limited Edition Sale Set For May 29, Open Sale Delayed
- Lifestyle What Is Menstrual Hygiene Management And How To Dispose Of Menstrual Waste Effectively?
- Movies Sara Khan Hates The Fact That People Keep Talking About Her Past;Wants Them To Remember Her For Work
- Sports India bowling coach Bharat Arun favours use of external substance to shine the ball
- Finance How To Book Slots On Kerala's Liquor Delivery App 'BevQ'?
- News Nearly 23 lakh people in quarantine across India: Govt estimates
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Uber and Flipkart have partnered to deliver everyday essentials at select cities in India. Both companies have partnered to deliver essentials in Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi.
Flipkart, India's leading online marketplace, will use Uber's fleet to carry out deliveries across selected cites in India. The partnership comes during the 21-day lockdown announced due to the COVID-19 pandemic in India.
The alliance between both companies aim to help people who have self quarantined themselves at their homes, and do not have easy access for their daily essential needs. The partnership also aims to support the government's objective of keeping hundreds of millions of Indians at home to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Uber has confirmed that the delivery service will not carry any additional service charge, and all the money earned through these deliveries will be given to drivers. The alliance with Flipkart marks the third such partnership for Uber. They have earlier partnered with BigBasket and Spencer's Retail for our new last-mile delivery service as well.
Prabhjeet Singh, Director-Operations & Head of Cities, Uber India & South Asia, stated, that the company is looking forward to a fruitful partnership with one of India's largest e-commerce company. The partnership will help the company to grow by supporting each other at these tough times while helping the people and the Indian Government.
Rajneesh Kumar, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, Flipkart, stated that the partnership aims to help move essentials from the sellers/vendors associated with the company to customers in the shortest possible time. The company aims to explore all possible options to help the Indian Government at these unprecedented times.
Both companies have confirmed that the officials delivering the essentials are adhering to Government's guidelines and maintain safety and hygiene for containing the spread of COVID-19. All personnel involved in the process are using masks, gloves, sanitisers and safety training provided by the companies.
In related news, Delhi gets its first COVID-19 drive-through sample collection facility. Dr Dang has come up with a drive-through laboratory in New Delhi, — here are more details.
Thoughts About Uber Flipkart Partnering To Deliver Everyday Essentials
With the Flipkart's logistics chain and the Uber's cab fleet, the task of delivering everyday essentials to people under the lockdown should be possible. Being said that the drivers and the others who are working in different areas to complete these tasks need a pat on their back.