- 50 min ago 2020 Datsun RediGO Facelift Variants, Features & Other Details Revealed: Unofficial Bookings Begin
- 1 hr ago Ola Electric Scooters With Smart Connectivity To Be Introduced In India: Acquires Etergo BV
- 3 hrs ago Kia Seltos To Recieve Feature Upgrades Soon: Expected Slight Hike In Pricing
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- News Unfortunate incidents relating to migrants telecast to shadow good work by govt: Centre to SC
- Finance Why Banking Stocks Have Been Rallying? Will The Rally Sustain?
- Sports Eoin Morgan casts doubts on T20 World Cup going ahead as per schedule
- Movies Malayalam Actor Gokulam Enters Wedlock In A Private Ceremony!
- Technology Now You Can Extend Validity Of Your Prepaid Plans By Paying Rs. 2
- Lifestyle Hina Khan Exudes Comfy Vibes In Green-Blue Printed Separates And It’s Perfect For Workout Sessions
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Japanese auto manufacturer, Toyota, is focusing on increasing sales for its mass-market offering in the country - the Toyota Yaris. The company is readying itself to launch a new variant meant for cab aggregators.
According to Autocar India, the Yaris has predominantly been on offer for private buyers, but has immense potential as a fleet vehicle. The fleet variant will arrive with a factory fitted speed limiting system.
Mr Naveen Soni, Senior Vice President for Sales and Customer Service at Toyota Kirloskar Motor, said, "There are different segments that open up as the market opens up. So, from that point of view, how do we get more segment-associated features added or deleted? Maybe make it more attractive for the taxi customer; because while the Etios is not there, we have the Yaris to offer for that customer. Very soon, we should be looking at the possibility of a ‘specced-down' Yaris."
Toyota has decided to stop production of their Etios models (available for private and commercial buyers) because of low sales, and has decided to fill the gap with a commercial variant of the Yaris.
The vehicle features projector headlamps, a cooled glove box, a height-adjustable driver's seat, remote locking, power windows, electronically adjustable ORVMs, a rear armrest, split rear seats, and three airbags. Expectations are that a commercial model will arrive with lesser features to make it more ‘taxi suitable'.
The Toyota Yaris is powered by a 1.5-litre petrol engine that produces 107 brake horsepower and 140Nm of torque. Transmission options include a six-speed manual and a seven-speed CVT automatic. There is a possibility that the commercial variant will be offered only with a manual transmission in order to keep prices competitive.
The Yaris is currently offered in seven variants for private customers, and is priced between Rs 8.77 lakh and Rs 14.19 lakh, ex-show Delhi.
Thoughts About Toyota Planning To Launch A Commercial Variant Of The Yaris
This is brilliant decision. The Yaris has done well for Toyota, and we expect that sales will only increase once a commercial model is launched. All cab aggregators want vehicle that are reliable, and ones that offer fantastic warranty, and Toyota brings this to the mix.