- 7 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 9 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 12 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- Movies Sara Ali Khan’s Driver Tests Positive For COVID-19, Actress And Family Test Negative
- News WHO team arrives in China to find coronavirus origin
- Sports Coronavirus: No fans at PGA Tour events for rest of season
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation In June Grows At 6.09%; Breaches RBI Target
- Lifestyle COVID-19: WHO Official Says The Virus Could Have Existed Long Before Outbreak
- Technology Mystery OnePlus Smartphone Pops Up On Geekbench: Is It The OnePlus Nord Lite?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Toyota Yaris sedan has been listed on the (GeM) Government e-Marketplace. The B-segment sedan is currently available only in 'J' trim with a manual gearbox and retails at a starting price of Rs 9.12 lakh (before shipping charges).
The company also announced that the only white colour is readily available. However, other colour schemes will be offered based on the request. The Yaris is the company's entry-level sedan from the current line-up.
The GeM launched in 2016, is a dedicated e-market for online procurement of goods and services by government organisations, departments and (PSUs) Public Sector Units. Goods listed on the portal are usually available for a lesser price as compared to the retail price fixed for normal consumers.
Commenting on the move, Mr Naveen Soni, Senior Vice President, Sales and Services, TKM, said, "Toyota Yaris is a preferred choice in the segment for its world-class safety, quality, durability and reliability features. The listing of Yaris on the GeM will now ensure those car buyers from central and state governments will have a wider choice in the sedan category. We are cognizant that several Government undertakings are moving towards procurement from the GeM in the post-COVID world and we want to ease their buying experience."
"Also, the "COVID Warrior" special offer applicable on Yaris has received a good response and also given us an opportunity to thank the Government employees and doctors for their unwavering services towards containing the COVID pandemic. We are hopeful that this move will help us capitalize on the new B segment opportunity and increase interest from various Government departments and PSUs besides. Overall, we aim to cater to the demand on the Government side," he further added.
By listing the Yaris on the GeM, it will help TKM to further enhance Government sales and provide more options to government departments and PSUs across sedan, Multi-Purpose Vehicle segments. Toyota already sells the Innova ‘G Plus' and ‘GX' Diesel 7-seater and 8-seater variants, and also a ‘VX' Petrol 7-seater model on the GeM platform.
The Toyota Yaris is powered by a single 1.5-litre petrol engine option, that produces 106bhp and 140Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed super CVT automatic transmission. However, the CVT models are not listed on the GeM.
The Toyota Yaris rivals the Hyundai Verna, the Skoda Rapid, the Volkswagen Vento and the Honda City in the India market. The Toyota Yaris BS6 models retail between Rs 8.86 lakh and Rs 14.30 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The company is also offering attractive discounts during and benefits this month on the sedan — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Toyota Yaris Available On Government e-Marketplace
Toyota aims to boost its sales on the Government e-Marketplace. The purchase made by the government organisations, departments and (PSUs) Public Sector Units are usually in bulk, which will help the company to target volumes on its sedan. Additionally, it will be targeting a new sedan sector on the market place as well.