- 33 min ago Coronavirus Pandemic: Indian Army Modifies Bus To Carry Coronavirus Patients Along With Medical Aids
- 45 min ago Jeep To Introduce A Compact SUV In Indian Market: Will Rival Hyundai Venue
- 2 hrs ago Coronavirus Lockdown: Pitstop Offers Free Vehicle Maintenance For Essential Service Providers
- 2 hrs ago Harley Davidson 1200 Custom BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 10.77 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In South India In April
- Movies Kareena Kapoor's 'In-House Picasso' Taimur Draws 'A Day At The Beach' And It's Too Cute!
- Finance Financial Services, Banking Stocks See Massive Correction
- News Delhi: Doctors on COVID-19 duty at 2 city hospitals to be accommodated at Lalit Hotel
- Technology OnePlus 8 Pro Camera Details Revealed: Sony IMX689 Primary Sensor Tipped
- Lifestyle Karishma Tanna And Yashika Aannand In Shimmery Red Embroidered Outfits, Who Looked More Gorgeous?
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Australia denies collusion rumours in decision to pull out of Games
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
Toyota Kirloskar Motors India has launched its new premium MPV in the Indian market, the Vellfire. The new Toyota Vellfire is the latest flagship model in the brand's product portfolio in the Indian market and is offered with an introductory price of Rs 79.50 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The new Toyota Vellfire comes with a host of premium luxury features and equipment, along with a strong engine offering maximised performance and driving characteristics. The Vellfire premium MPV is powered by a 2.5-litre petrol engine paired with two electric motors; one at each axle.
The 2.5-litre petrol engine produces 115bhp at 4,700rpm and 198Nm of peak torque between 2,800 and 4,000rpm.
The electric motor at the front axle churns out 115kW of power at 4,800rpm while the motor on the rear produces 50kW at 4,608rpm; making it an electronic 4WD.
Toyota also claims that the Vellfire offers an impressive 16.35km/l fuel efficiency, which is extremely impressive considering its size and weight.
Talking about its dimensions, the Toyota Vellfire measures 4935mm in length, 1850mm in width and 1895mm in height. The wheelbase of the Vellfire MPV is 3000mm, while the max gross vehicle weight comes in at 2815kg and the ground clearance is at 165mm.
Moving to its design, the new Toyota Vellfire comes with a bold and commanding stance. The front fascia is finished with a lot of chrome, adding to its premium appeal. The entire front comes covered in chrome, this includes the grille, headlamp surrounds and bumper. The fog lamps positioned on the front bumpers also come with triangular chrome surrounds as well.
The side profile continues with the chrome elements on the window line, door handles and on the roofline as well. The Vellfire also comes with 17-inch hyper chrome alloy wheels as well. The rear also gets a thick strip of chrome below the windscreen and surrounding the LED taillights. The badges at the rear are also finished in chrome.
The Toyota Vellfire is offered in a single ‘Executive Lounge' variant. It comes with a host of premium features and equipment. This includes premium leather upholstery for all three rows of seats, finished either in Flaxen Brown or Black.
The front and central row of seats come with both heating and cooling functionalities, with the central seats also receiving the retro-fit electronically-adjustable leg supports. The central seats also come with electric seat adjustment and memory function, while also offering foldable trays.
Other features on the Toyota Vellfire MPV: twin-sunroofs, three-zone climate control, electrically-controlled sliding rear doors, 13-inch entertainment screen mounted on the ceiling, which can be electronically opened and closed, while also offering HDMI and Wi-Fi connectivity, electronically-powered tailgate, auto LED headlamps, heated ORVMs and a 16-colour choice roof ambient lighting.
The central console on the Vellfire MPV comes with a large 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard. The Toyota Vellfire also comes with a 17-speaker JBL audio system as well.
In terms of safety features, the new Toyota Vellfire comes with all the bells and whistles. This includes seven airbags, 360-degree camera, front and rear parking sensors, vehicle stability control, hill-start assist control and Toyota's VDIM (Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management) technology.
Toyota has announced that bookings for the Vellfire began ahead of its launch, with the premium MPV booked through April. The company also stated that already 180 units of the Vellfire have been booked and sold across India. The Toyota Vellfire is an extremely popular model outside the Indian market as well, with over 6 lakh units sold internationally.
The Toyota Vellfire in India will be available in a range of four colour choices: Burning Black, White Pearl, Graphite & Black.
Thoughts On The Toyota Vellfire India Launch
The Toyota Vellfire is an uber-premium MPV from the Japanese brand in the Indian market. The new Vellfire premium MPV is now the flagship model from the brand in the Indian market and will rival the Mercedes-Benz V-Class.