- 21 hrs ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Education Supreme Court Decision On UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020, Check Latest News
- Sports Twitter reacts to Tewatia blitz! Yuvi relieved that Tewatia missed one ball
- News Karnataka bandh today over farm bills; Measures taken to ensure normalcy, says govt
- Movies Jayam Ravi's Bhoomi To Go The Direct OTT Way?
- Technology Week 41, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 SE, Nokia 3.4, Moto E7 Plus, Vivo V20 SE And More
- Finance Sharekhan Places A "Buy" Call On Tech Mahindra
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Transforms Herself Into A Barbie Doll Of 2099 And Creates Buzz With Her All-Purple Look
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Toyota Kirloskar Motors India (TKM) has released the first official teaser of their upcoming Urban Cruiser SUV. The all-new Toyota Urban Cruiser will be the brand's first sub-4-metre compact-SUV offering and is expected to go on sale in the Indian market soon.
Toyota has confirmed that ‘Urban Cruiser' will be the nameplate of its upcoming model, which is also said to be their first-ever compact-SUV offering for the Indian market. The new Toyota Urban Cruiser has been scheduled to go on sale in India during the year's festive season, which will start in the next couple of months.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser nameplate has been inspired by the brand's iconic ‘Land Cruiser' name. The compact-SUV is also the second product to come out of the Toyota-Suzuki partnership India, following the Glanza premium hatchback.
This means that the Urban Cruiser underneath is essentially the Suzuki Vitara Brezza. However, unlike the Toyota Glanza, the Urban Cruiser is expected to receive some significant design and cosmetic changes to help it stand out in the Indian market.
Naveen Soni, Senior Vice President, Sales and Services, TKM, said,
"We are very excited to announce our plans to launch the Toyota Urban Cruiser this festive season. With a customer-first approach, TKM has always endeavoured to fulfil the aspirations of its customers with the timely introduction of new products and the Toyota Urban Cruiser is another such effort to satisfy the evolving customer needs."
"Also, we hope that the Urban Cruiser gives us an opportunity to welcome a new set of customers who not only aspire to own a Toyota SUV early in life, but would also like to experience Toyota's global standards of sales & after-sales services. We will share more details about the car and the launch in the days to come."
While no other information has been released officially at this point. We expect the Toyota Urban Cruiser to carry forward the same 1.5-litre K15 Series petrol engine from the Maruti Vitara Brezza.
The power and torque figures are also said to be identical, as well as the transmission options. This includes a five-speed manual and a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. The Toyota Urban Cruiser could also carry forward smart mild-hybrid technology as well.
Thoughts About The Toyota Urban Cruiser Compact-SUV
The Toyota Urban Cruiser will be the brand's first-ever compact-SUV in the Indian market, targeted towards young customers and cater to the growing demands for SUVs in India.
Once launched in India, the new Toyota Urban Cruiser will be priced competitively and rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue and the soon-to-be-launched Kia Sonet.