- 52 min ago Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo First Drive Review: The New Pocket Rocket In Town?
- 1 hr ago Kia Sonet Deliveries Commence For First Batch Customers Across India
- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- Finance Flying To Canada Now Possible As Air Bubble Agreement Signed
- News India’s multi-pronged approach to strengthen border protection
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 SE Announced: 65W Fast Charging, 5G Support And More
- Movies Aditya Seal's Father Ravi Seal Passes Away Due To COVID-19
- Sports Stunning! AB de Villiers of Royal Challengers Bangalore changes name to Paritosh Pant! Know the reason
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Kareena Kapoor: 6 Times The Diva Exuded Sass In Her Black Fashionable Outfits
- Education Schools Reopen In India Latest News, Check State-wise List
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Toyota Kirloskar Motors is gearing up to launch its brand new compact-SUV called the Urban Cruiser in the Indian market. The upcoming compact-SUV will also be the second product to come out of the Toyota-Suzuki partnership in India, following the Glanza premium hatchback.
Earlier this month, the company released the first official teaser of their upcoming Urban Cruiser SUV. However, According to Autocar India, they have got their hands on the world-exclusive first image of the new upcoming compact SUV, the Urban Cruiser. The Toyota Urban Cruiser nameplate has been inspired by the brand's iconic 'Land Cruiser' name.
As per the images seen, the Toyota Urban Cruiser looks different (as the company has tweaked a lot of things) than the Maruti Suzuki Brezza. At the front, it gets twin-slat grille, the front bumper features cuts and creases, an in-built faux bull bar and faux skid plate. It also gets chrome treatment all around the body. These tweaks done to the car, helps it look different from the Brezza. Apart from this, the Urban Cruiser looks almost like the Vitara Brezza as they share the same body parts.
On the inside, the Urban Cruiser will get new upholstery and dashboard colours, but apart from that, the interior will be similar to that of the Brezza. It will also be equipped with same SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system seen on all Maruti Suzuki models as well as the Toyota Glanza.
Mechanically, the Urban Cruiser is expected to use the same engine and transmission that is currently featured on the new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. It comes powered by a 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid technology. The unit produces 104bhp of power and 138Nm of peak torque and comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Toyota Urban Cruiser
The Toyota Urban Cruiser will be the company's first-ever compact-SUV offering for the Indian market. The new Toyota Urban Cruiser has been scheduled to go on sale in India during the year's festive season. Once launched, the compact-SUV will go up against the likes of the Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300, Hyundai Venue, Ford Ecosport and the all-new Kia Sonet.