- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Diesel Powertrain Discontinued In India: Unlisted From Company Website
- 5 hrs ago Images Of The Third Generation Hyundai i20 Leaked — All You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
- 9 hrs ago Hero Passion Pro BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,990
- News Chhattisgarh naxal encounter: 1 CoBRA commando killed, another injured
- Sports AFC Cup, Preview: 'Tired' Bengaluru FC face Maldivian Side Maziya in play-offs first leg
- Finance Yes Bank To Be Out Of Nifty From 27 March; Vodafone Idea To Be Dropped From Nifty Next 50
- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan Will Be Working With Karan Johar After 20 Years In Takht!
- Technology Airtel Increases Price Of Its Postpaid Plans: Check Details
- Lifestyle Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And It's Health Benefits
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
Toyota Kirloskar Motor is preparing to launch a second re-badged model after having launched the Toyota Glanza last year. Speculations are that the next car will be the re-badged Maruti Ertiga.
Toyota is planning to accelerate its plans and launch the re-branded Ertiga during this year. The decision comes after successful sales of the Glanza. The new Toyota will feature signature design elements that will make it different from the Ertiga.
Minor cosmetic updates will include most likely include Toyota's two slat grille design, and chrome elements that are also Toyota specific. The company could also redesign the headlight and tail light assemblies to make the vehicle more brand specific.
Interiors will most likely arrive with a large touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, UV cut glass, a reverse parking camera, automatic headlamps, and automatic climate control, among others.
There is a possibility that the re-badged Ertiga will continue to feature the current BS6 1.5-litre four-cylinder K15B mild-hybrid petrol engine that produces 102bhp of power and 138Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission and a four-speed torque converter automatic.
Industry expectations are that the new Toyota MPV will be priced between Rs 7.5 lakh and Rs 12 lakh 9ex-showroom, India) The MPV is also expected to be offered with better standard warranty.
Maruti Suzuki and Toyota signed a partnership during 2017 that allows for both companies to access the other's portfolio of cars, re-badge them, and sell them under their respective brands.
The next vehicles that are expected to be re-badged under the Toyota brand are the Ertiga and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The partnership is also working on hybrid technology for India, which will be seen on vehicles produced by both manufacturers.
Thoughts About Toyota Accelerating Plans To Launch The Re-badged Maruti Ertiga
Good move by Toyota. Maruti Suzuki has already done most of the work and all Toyota need to concentrate on are minor details. We expect the new MPV to be pricier than the Maruti models, but one does have better warranty with a Toyota.