- 7 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 9 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 13 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- Movies Sara Ali Khan’s Driver Tests Positive For COVID-19, Actress And Family Test Negative
- News WHO team arrives in China to find coronavirus origin
- Sports Coronavirus: No fans at PGA Tour events for rest of season
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation In June Grows At 6.09%; Breaches RBI Target
- Lifestyle COVID-19: WHO Official Says The Virus Could Have Existed Long Before Outbreak
- Technology Mystery OnePlus Smartphone Pops Up On Geekbench: Is It The OnePlus Nord Lite?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Toyota Kirloskar Motor has said, via a statement, that two employees at their Bidadi facility have tested positive for Covid-19. The facility has been temporarily shut down in order to contain the virus from spreading.
The company resumed operations at the facility during May, after weeks of being under a nationwide lockdown that was aimed at containing the Coronavirus-19 pandemic.
Toyota has partially resumed operations at the facility with limited employees on site. The brand also trained their returning employees in health and safety protocols before resuming operations.
In addition, the brand has its entire Strategic Business Unit employees based at Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata, and Mumbai on a work from home program.
The statement released by the brand said, "However, despite all such measures, two employees at the company's Bidadi plant tested positive for Covid-19 on 16 June. The employees worked on 7 June and 16 June."
"Operations at the TKM plant has already been temporarily suspended so that the required disinfection can be carried out at the plant," the statement added.
Toyota Kirloskar Motor immediately started contact tracking and is in the process of identifying all other employees that have come in contact with the Covid-19 infected staff.
The brand is tracing those who may have had direct and indirect contact with the two employees. All staff will be put through Covid-19 testing and will be given necessary medication, and could be quarantined if required.
The brand said that it was also in contact with families of the virus infected employees in order to help and support them. As a brand that puts safety and security of all its employees and shareholders on top of its list, Toyota said that it would apply all preventive and remedial measures to monitor and deescalate the situation.
Thoughts About Two Employees Infected With Covid-19 At Toyota's Bidadi Plant
Well, while we weren't expecting it to happen, there was, and still is a high chance that employees at manufacturing facilities will test positive for Covid-19. What is impressive is the way TKM has handled the situation. We hope the virus is contained and that operations resume as soon as possible.